6 day Gag - Night Wolf

Started by Peace Alliance, December 07, 2009, 08:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Quote from: Death on December 10, 2009, 04:42:00 PM
Quote from: The Obliterator on December 09, 2009, 03:32:19 PM
It has always been P-13 and belive it or not there are some people who enjoy this fact.
Myself included.
I join this forum when i was 14.
If i had seen a ton of swearing i would have just left and not come back.
So im glad that the Moderators are here making it safe for those people.
Because reading someone swear is dangerous.
Plus there's the fact, you know, that chances are most the audience below 13 here the kind of...vocabularly at school anyway.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Alazar is Back

It doesn't matter if they hear it at school. That doesn't make it right.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

Quote from: Alazar is Back on December 12, 2009, 01:58:36 AM
It doesn't matter if they hear it at school. That doesn't make it right.
I guess not. Maybe this site shouldn't have swearing. But tbh, most people about 10- mshouldn't really be using forums  anyway.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Peace Alliance

what is "10- mshouldn't"?

I assume you're saying kids shouldn't be using forums? Why not?

Genevieve

Death

That's actually a good point, if someone is so young and immature that they can't handle seeing someone swear they have no business talking to a bunch of total strangers from all over the world.

prodiGee

Yeah, especially when one of the strangers is me.
It was a doorway trying to seal itself shut.. But I climbed through.

Neobaron

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 12, 2009, 04:55:14 AM
what is "10- mshouldn't"?

I assume you're saying kids shouldn't be using forums? Why not?

Perhaps many of the same reasons we send them to day care, summer camps, grannys house on the weekend, and make sure theyre in bed by 8.30.

Because they annoy the crap out of everyone they come into contact with.

---

On the one hand, words only have the power you give them and all mods who puff up over wordy dirds always look a little silly, especially when its one or two doing all the policing while you have one or two more who if they changed names with some of the offenders, the results would be much the same.

On the other, theres no reason we cant have an enviroment free of profanity. If I want to call volkov a name I can do it on MSN. Its much more satisfying anyways.

It boils down to the forum rules. If im not mistaken peace pays out of his pocket for this and thus is granted any and all jurisdiction he wants. If you dont like it, there are other places to go.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Firetooth

Well Peace, 10year old's going on forums annoys people, can damage them socially, nobody benefits, and they're likely to be exposed to "harmful" content wherever they go online that discusses anything, no matter what the rules.
And like Death said-why should they be talking to strangers if they can't handle swearing anyway?

Peace Alliance

Alright, but are we truly strangers? We know each other as well as you'd know people in some other real life social groups. I know the people at my work less then i know my long-time friends on RWL. This is, after all, a social community. I see absolutely no reason why a social setting that is appropriate for children can't exist over the internet.

You're problem is more with an internet stigma, as well as most likely some residual hurt feelings from when you first started here. As I recall, you were considered a bit of a menace at the time, and your age was considered the cause.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteOn the other, theres no reason we cant have an enviroment free of profanity. If I want to call volkov a name I can do it on MSN. Its much more satisfying anyways.

And he does call me names, all the time. But it's OK, cause I can do the same, and call him a dirty Gator fan to boot.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

Volk, you're potentially the most dangerous person I know when it comes to your words. Member when you had me convinced that no one was real and everything was a figment of my imagination? sometime before or around the time we would have theoretical debates about taking over the world and / or fighting eachother with supernatural abilities? hahaha
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 14, 2009, 12:57:59 AM
Alright, but are we truly strangers? We know each other as well as you'd know people in some other real life social groups. I know the people at my work less then i know my long-time friends on RWL. This is, after all, a social community. I see absolutely no reason why a social setting that is appropriate for children can't exist over the internet.

You're problem is more with an internet stigma, as well as most likely some residual hurt feelings from when you first started here. As I recall, you were considered a bit of a menace at the time, and your age was considered the cause.
Making an assumption, are you?
Generally, most younger people haven't been playing in excess of 5years.
I see plenty of reasons why it is unlikely one will be able to truly exist without consant, hourly moderation and stricter rules.

Death

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 14, 2009, 12:57:59 AM
Alright, but are we truly strangers?
Yes. We have never had any real world interaction.

Night Wolf

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 07, 2009, 08:24:30 AM
So here's the thing. I got this Probation thing going because i wanted to give people a push in the right direction in terms of behaviour. But I think what we've discouvered is that when you push Night Wolf, he pushes back.
Thats right  :D
Let me tell you I was so fricken bored and it was fricke 2Am I couldnt sleep so I figured Id try to pass the time on here lol