24 hour gag of Alazar

Started by Holby, April 26, 2010, 06:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

Alazar has been gagged for 24 hours following insulting and offensive comments in this thread:
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=11912.0

Alazar, you know better than this, and your behaviour will not be tolerated. Your gag will be extended to 3 days if, on your return, you do not make an improved effort to post rationally and thoughtfully.

To use a phrase you like to throw around often, "Grow up already".

Holby, modding.

I will not deleted this

Wolf Snare

Acceptable, but surely Firetooth will be joining him for provoking him near the end of the thread? His comments to Alazar were out of line and he has been here long enough to know full well that was intentionally provoking Ally into a rage.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Quote from: Wolf Snare on April 27, 2010, 12:16:11 AM
Acceptable, but surely Firetooth will be joining him for provoking him near the end of the thread? His comments to Alazar were out of line and he has been here long enough to know full well that was intentionally provoking Ally into a rage.
No. I was pointing out to him that he was calling Peace an idiot  despite improper sentence structure, and that he was the one who had been ignoring facts. Sure, I found it funny he went into a rage, but I was more trying to point out he was doing the same thing peace had accused him of.
He'd also flamed sharptooth earlier.
As well as that, he swore plenty on a site about a kids series of books. He also expressed opinions that could be considered racist. Whether in real life of not, "simply unacceptable."
He cannot argue civily, simply put. That's not a flame, that's just truth. He ignores whatever proof you show him and resorts top personal attacks, at least 3 times in that thread.
Even if I was provoking him (which I don't believe I was), lets put it this way-your using his "they pushed me first" excuse, which I hate. It's infant talk but grown adults throw it around regularly.

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Holby

Well, no.

Firetooth wasn't flaming. Alazar was the only one outright insulting others, and he was the only person swearing. He had also been previously warned. It would be ridiculous for Firetooth to be held responsible for "provoking" Alazar. Firetooth has done nothing wrong, at the very least, nothing worth a gag. I'm sure the rest of the staff will agree.

This job is about impartiality, NOT personal feeling.
I will not deleted this

Shadow

Alazar is responsible for his own actions. If he can't respond civilly to criticism then he can take some time off responding at all.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

Quote from: Holby on April 27, 2010, 02:53:49 AM
Well, no.

Firetooth wasn't flaming. Alazar was the only one outright insulting others, and he was the only person swearing. He had also been previously warned. It would be ridiculous for Firetooth to be held responsible for "provoking" Alazar. Firetooth has done nothing wrong, at the very least, nothing worth a gag. I'm sure the rest of the staff will agree.

understandable Holbs, I onl,y skimmed the topic but was definitely not judging by personal feeling... I took Firetooth calling Ally "a joke" as a insult and assumed he was intentionally flaming as well. Then again, Calling an admin stupid makes this deserved, but Firetooth should know better than to flame.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Quote from: Wolf Snare on April 27, 2010, 01:33:39 PM
Quote from: Holby on April 27, 2010, 02:53:49 AM
Well, no.

understandable Holbs, I onl,y skimmed the topic but was definitely not judging by personal feeling... I took Firetooth calling Ally "a joke" as a insult and assumed he was intentionally flaming as well. Then again, Calling an admin stupid makes this deserved, but Firetooth should know better than to flame.
I apologize if my actions were inappropriate, but I saw no fault with what I said, at least not warranting a gag.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wolf Snare

That was a typo, I was actually meaning to suggest a warning just because you two were bickering at eachother and both stooped to personal insults, but I know that you mean better and are remorseful for what happened, and I'm sure Ally will return with  a more positive attitude too.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

I warned you about pointless spam Pippin, I am just going to delete posts like that.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Holby

Alazar has served his 24 hour gag as of 2 hours ago, and has had all permissions since that time. Sorry for not making that clear before. He is now free to post
I will not deleted this

Alazar is Back

Thanks I guess. I felt like I was being baited, not necessarily meaning that a gag was warranted. I do not think a warning would have been out of line though. Life has been super stressful lately, so I have been on edge. Snare knows what I am talking about, because him and I have discussed it. I will make more of an effort to keep my anger under control.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Holby

Quote from: Alazar is Back on April 28, 2010, 12:08:30 AM
Thanks I guess. I felt like I was being baited, not necessarily meaning that a gag was warranted. I do not think a warning would have been out of line though. Life has been super stressful lately, so I have been on edge. Snare knows what I am talking about, because him and I have discussed it. I will make more of an effort to keep my anger under control.
Alazar, in the past you've brought up real life circumstances as a reason for being on edge here. Whatever they are, they surface when you're passionate about a topic. I'd suggest you don't get involved in debates that either anger you or you feel strongly about, as this kind of thing will continue to happen.

I don't want you to make an effort to keep your anger under control, I want you to not feel any at all if you're going to post.
I will not deleted this

Alazar is Back

To be honest, the only time I even really see a point in debating is if I am passionate about it. I get upset when other put words in my mouth, and ridicule me. Who doesn't? I will rephrase what I just said, I will reply more civily. I do believe I was called an idiot, or at least made out to be a few times during the debate. I am with Firetooth about the whole "he did it first" thing though. That is no reason resort to personal attacks. He does know what he is doing, and does intentionally bait me as others do here. I ignore many of the things he says, but if you look at the posts I am sure you will agree that there was more then one instance where it is clear he was looking to get a rise out of me. Shadow does much this same thing to Sevz.

I will continue to reply to comments sent my way when I am in debates, if you want to gag me for that then so be it.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Death

Come on guys, what would the otters think of you?

Firetooth

Quote from: Death on April 28, 2010, 01:48:18 AM
Come on guys, what would the otters think of you?
Probably tell us to eat more fish.

Alazar, think what you want, but I wasn't trying to bait you. I was showing you that you're post related to yourself. I did flame you here by claiming you couldn't argue civily, so I apoligize I guess.
Anyway, it was only a 24hour gag. Does it really matter that much? Can we just move on and forget it about?