Previous topic - Next topic

Sevah

last run you bought up a whole load of troops
your networth is sitting with a strong attacking force
you'll need around 2 bil cash from the bank or sell a couple troops
sell maximum troops on the market high priced
pick your targets from most land to least and standard drive
when you collect all the land
sell all your troops build 100% huts earn some loyalties save the last 100turns to cast loot and buy some stoats.
you should have enough stoats to break everyone next run
if you want you can take those troops off the market now or leave them you don't need land no body can stat you and you haven't got too much cash or food to worry about people sacking you for
setup for next run

you should have alot of leaders and loyalty so this run is mainly for profits in cash and food
start off by hitting the person with the most land slowly
your aiming to save as many leaders as possible.
you can calculate how much you need with the dashboard
:p when you have 175% leaders to land that's when you know to build huts 174% is perfect
if you don't get hit heaps badly this is almost perfect for you to cast loot  for nearly a full run :P if you have been hammered hit everyone hard for land without building and just sell troops 100% huts and when you have around 320 turns cast loot.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Juska

Hate to break it to you, but this is one of the most basic strategies in prom games.....guess your posts will help the noobs.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gen. Volkov

Juska, he is new, so his strats are understandably a little basic right now, he's just full of himself cause he murdered Snare at the end of a round and then had no one good to play against the next round.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

not to mention stabbed me in the back and left my clan to screw us over. let him have his kicks n giggles because he thinks hes hot stuff, we all know hes a power hungry noob.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

White Fang

Perhaps it is a little simple, but it's definately not worthless. After I used my own strat to get to approximately 200 mil net, I used this to get to approximately 700. (Actually, it would've been higher than that, but I sent around 200-300 net worth of troops over to him).

Considering that at the end of the set, #2 was around 680 mil net beneath me, I think it worked out pretty well.

Wolf Snare

my strategies are much more effective than that. I'll see you on the playing field in reg.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Um yeah, that strat is basic. I've seen people go into the billions of NW in Turbo, without help.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

White Fang

*Shrugs.* The more players there are, the higher the top players' networths are going to be. You can't really compare one set to the next.

Btw, I read through it more closely, and I actually made several modifications to it when I used it.

Gen. Volkov

I'm just saying, it's not an advanced strat, and it's not infallible, there are all kinds of holes that I could punch in it if I were playing against it. I have my own strats, but I'm not so egotistic that I need to post them, or call them infallible, because there's no such thing. There are very very good strats, but they can all be beaten.

White Fang

And I agree with you; no strat is infallible. See, when I first posted, I was thinking Juska had meant "basic" as in "simple/uncomplicated," and I was just pointing out that that doesn't make it worthless. Also, I didn't read through it (the initially posted strat) all the way, 'cause I thought I already knew what was in it, due to a conversation between him and myself the other day.

At any rate, basic strats can be perfected with time and practice.

Gen. Volkov

Which is exactly what the good players do. You take a beginner's strat, and modify it until it becomes a juggernaut. And then you start inventing your own strats.

Sevah

for safety reasons i haven't posted all the techniques i use but this Strat is for the noobs to practice from
it works perfectly with the minor adjustments you mentioned
there are other alternatives you can use which i'd rather not go into exact details but i can work this strat so nobody can defeat me and if i get broken the strat works extra efficient in my possession
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Gen. Volkov

Right Sevah.. we'll see how you fare against Neo.

cloud

lol, he obviously isn't doing so hot in normal, since I really haven't been trying/ have been pooling snare and am still in 2nd place (not counting vacation ppl).
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Wolf Snare

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)