Masser or Well-rounded?

Started by Trogdor 22, May 07, 2004, 04:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trogdor 22

Which is better to do: mass a certain troop type, or use all troop types for a well rounded army?
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

windhound

depends on strat..
my old Nero accout was perfectly balanced and had about 1/3 of his land in gaurds, and kept above a 50% defence rate for the entire last era..
then again, I prefer a massing strat, massin food mostly XD
skiff massin is also very spiffy..

to each his own..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

wolf bite

E) All of the above

I like to change everything I do all the time so no one knows what I am doing.  Hehe.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Badrang the Tyrant

Most of the time, I try and keep well-rounded.  But since I've discovered Weasles, I like Skiff-massing.  But I always have a few 100K of every other troop type as well..

calria

Though it might not seem like it because of my general ranking trends (meh I'm so bad in-game generally...) I'd say the best is mass something primarily, then have a back-up secondary mass, then keep decent defensive amounts of your other troops, as well as leaders.
I generally primary-mass skiffies, then secondary-mass rats, then leaders, then stoats, then weasels.

Wolf Snare

QuoteRats     39,003,828
:rolleyes:  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Holby

If you want to break people, def have just one. You want to hold your land, go with one type as you're building and using turns, then near the end once you can break who you want to, cut that right down to about 30% and distribute the rest. Gives you a nice defense to help out.
I will not deleted this

Ashyra Nightwing

Massing, I prefer. It goes with my (not very good) strat.

Juby (Tercios)

I usaully mass one race in paticular but I always try and keep a good amount of troops in of each kind for one simple reason, if someone with like 10 million stoats attacks me and I have a few 100 000, they could lose 50 000 - 600 000 stoats with every attack and I lose like 20 000 - 40 000, and that's always usefull cause you can then tell a clan member who masses stoats that he's lost such and such amount of stoats.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Wildwood

He would not lose 600,000 if you only had 100,000, or would he?
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

calria

Everything in attacking/defense is based around percentages, so if he had more, obviously, he would loose more.
I think that's how it works, right?

Wildwood

I usually mass on turbo, but not always on regular.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

calria

I think Turbo, because of its increased speed, is a whole lot more versatile for heavy massing strats-- retal is quicker, so defense isn't as important as a heavy offense. The opposite is true for regular, where retal is slower in coming and growth has to be more solid.

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: WildwoodHe would not lose 600,000 if you only had 100,000, or would he?
well I said a few 100 000, so like 300 000 or 400 000 but even with 100 000 it can happen.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Nohcnonk

I'm a complete masser, but I use pressgang so I do get 3 troops to pick from.  The other two I normally send to allies or use for net.