Best Indier

Started by Ian2424, May 10, 2012, 07:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

I figured who you were a long time ago bro, besides which, Nazgul writes better than you ever have.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

Funny, considering I've never found a use nor excuse to write the lowly hounds of ulster in game. srsly, you want a basic strat buddy? ^_^
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Are you drunk or just feel like lying today?

From (?) Beast Mode (#7)
Mon, 1 pm
not true. we can make a no kill policy. I just want more than 22 attacsk to humiliate you.

That is part of the discussion we had back at the beginning of the round, in game, after you onlined me. I can post everything you wrote me as part of that discussion. I don't know why you are so eager to make a fool of yourself.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Wolf Snare

I only offered you a strategy so you won't make such a fool of yourself once a week on regular, and once a day on turbo!
You're right, I should have known better. You're too embarrassed proud to take advice from someone that can stay above rank 5
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Wolf Snare

run with half an army volk, run with half an army.

"Yep, lookin' to run soon, I've got full turns and a bunch of resources to burn! send me more army first" ~ Volkov
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI only offered you a strategy so you won't make such a fool of yourself once a week on regular, and once a day on turbo!
You're right, I should have known better. You're too embarrassed proud to take advice from someone that can stay above rank 5

I'd respond to this, except I know you are just saying it to try and cover for the fact that you just made a gigantic idiot of yourself in your previous post. Not only have you written me in game, so you are caught in an outright lie, but I could just as easily have been comparing Nazgul's messages to your FORUM postings, of which there are many to me. So I'd take any "advice" you'd give me with a large grain of salt, seeing as you can't even post in a coherent or logical way.

Quoterun with half an army volk, run with half an army.

"Yep, lookin' to run soon, I've got full turns and a bunch of resources to burn! send me more army first" ~ Volkov

See above.

Wolf Snare

Just because im not grandiloquent and rather pretentious like yourself does not give your ridiculous argument any merit. You're at a loss of insults because you're mediocre at this game at best and I've hit a nerve in pointing this out. Sure, bash my posting ability all you want, if it helps you sleep any better. You may be the 3rd most frequent poster on this site but we both know it's mostly hot air. If you use this site to fill a void, so be it, but don't attempt to patronize people less intelligent than you. You just come across as a pompous grumpus.

Anyways, Sorry that talking to you ingame had slipped my mind; trivial details from weeks long passed don't stand out to me as much as they do you, apparently. Did I make your day in giving you some interaction?

moreover, splitting hairs over this and accusing me of "outright lying" is a tad over the top. I could not care less. Take your large grain of salt and hoop it old man. I'm in my zenith in every aspect, leisure time included, made a tad more enjoyable of course for ten minutes each day when I get to crush your (insignificant) internet rats.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

QuoteJust because im not grandiloquent and rather pretentious like yourself does not give your ridiculous argument any merit.
You're at a loss of insults because you're mediocre at this game at best and I've hit a nerve in pointing this out.

Of course my argument holds merit. You made a fool of yourself, you know it, and so you attempt insult my playing ability, in much the same vein as you have before. It's old Snare. I know how good I am at the game, and just because you are all mad because I'm pointing out that you are making a fool of yourself doesn't change anything. Quit rage-posting Snare, and maybe you might begin to learn what this whole "conversation" thing is about.

QuoteSure, bash my posting ability all you want, if it helps you sleep any better. You may be the 3rd most frequent poster on this site but we both know it's mostly hot air. If you use this site to fill a void, so be it, but don't attempt to patronize people less intelligent than you. You just come across as a pompous grumpus.

Also, learn what words mean. I wasn't being patronizing in my last post. If was being patronizing, it would be more like the last sentence of the first paragraph of this post, where I am being condescending. Anyway, this site is clearly more important to you than to me, because you take everything I am saying so super seriously. It's really quite funny.

QuoteAnyways, Sorry that talking to you ingame had slipped my mind; trivial details from weeks long passed don't stand out to me as much as they do you, apparently. Did I make your day in giving you some interaction?

No, I just have a better memory than you do, apparently. Don't drink so much.

Quotemoreover, splitting hairs over this and accusing me of "outright lying" is a tad over the top. I could not care less.

First, you were lying, you wrote a blatant untruth. The fact that you did so because you forgot doesn't really affect that. Secondly, you just lied again, because you clearly do care, or you wouldn't be writing so much about it.

QuoteTake your large grain of salt and hoop it old man. I'm in my zenith in every aspect, leisure time included, made a tad more enjoyable of course for ten minutes each day when I get to crush your (insignificant) internet rats.

I hope you know what you are saying here, because I don't. Again, learn what words mean.

Wolf Snare

I'm not rage posting, you're just an idiot. You suck at this game, I find pleasure in pointing that out. I made a fool of myself? whatever you say, you are a fool.

You are often patronizing. You have this unfounded sense of self importance where these forums are concerned (what are you trying to compensate for Volkov??), and you are often a sarcastic prick. Most of the times you are condescending, yes, thanks for pointing that out?

You assume you can arbitrarily throw your weight around and talk down to anyone that you want. You should know by now that I will not hesitate to stand up to your BS and point out your flaws and half truths. Our tiff started when you began tossing empty threats around in a reg discussion, threatening to completely destroy a clan unless they obeyed you. I called your bluff in saying you don't even have the skill to do a solo takedown, let alone take down an entire clan. Of course, you realized that when your clan was destroyed completely. I will continue to insult your (lack of?) skills in game, which you attempt to inflate to boost your self esteem irl.

Quit being a pedantic doot. You can split hairs all you want but the reality is I don't take anything you say seriously. Frankly you're dismissed with a chuckle and a shake of the head.

I drink maybe once a month, you're the self proclaimed functioning alcoholic, you twit. Give your head a shake.

Also, if I have time to respond to your bullcrap, I will obviously defend myself against a pathological liar. You've at this point convinced yourself that you can pose a threat to people in this game, and I find that immeasurably sad and hilarious at the same time. Again, I hope these poignant reminders bring you back down to earth; you're no cooler on the internet than you are irl, you egocentric prick. Take your superiority complex elsewhere. Maybe your time would be better spent in therapy than on here inflating your head.

One more thing-- you don't know what zenith means, hot shot? I am in great shape, have an amazing gf, and am pursuing a career that will actually land me a job when finished school. You make my leisure time a little more enjoyable when I get to smush your internet rats. probably more than you can say.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Neji Hyuga

Quote from: Ian2424 on May 10, 2012, 07:54:25 PM
Who is the best indier? Is it Lucy/Geneveive?

Hmm this topic is subjective, but from my experience:

Gen is a great producer, consistent enough to have contributed 6.3 billion networth in the last storehouse round. (although, this was quite a long time ago..)

Kilkenne has made his mark as the King of Northlands for the 2.0 code. Nuff said (sadly he does not play anymore)

Sevz runs a vicious, relentless indy empire, he has superb transitional abilities as well, meaning he can hybird his strategies into any build, and produce at its zenith every run.  Great leader/mage builds when playing indy as well, if left unchecked, he can and eventually will lock land in the set at some point.

Snare: Arguably one of the best players here at Redwall. Has mastered the 3.0 code in a very short amount of time.  His indying is ungodly, for last set I witnessed some impressive numbers on him and on his public market. Utilizing only very little land and few resources to run off.. 

Ryu: dunno, seems like a total n00b to me, he can produce alright, but didnt impress me last set or this set.

Pippin; Great producer, pretty inactive player though, but even when behind makes insane networth jumps.

Everyone else: dunno, I dont know many people that well, or have seen them indy enough to make a decisive judgement.

Now, Sevz brings up some great points. But, if you were to determine the undisputed all-time indy player, well, thats not possible. Many great indys in the world of promisance, many inactive and no longer play.  A few at other sites, and a few randomly sign-up every now and then throughout the year.  Point is itd be unreasonably difficult to bring the "best" to one website, let alone one server. 

But, with the old 2.0 code about thrown to the garbage bin of yester-year, it is reasonable that, with some emails and messages throughout the promisance world, Redwall can hold a tournament to determine not just the best indy player, but the best leader player as well, or perhaps the best of the 2 strategies of the 2.0 code.

Tournament rules would be: NO Foreign Aid, NO clans, NO teamwork. Period.  All solo runs throughout the set, and a hidden public market would promote solidarity. 22 hitlimits, with 2 every game hour is great.

I itch at the chance to enter such a set, and I bet many of you feel the same way. 

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI'm not rage posting, you're just an idiot. You suck at this game, I find pleasure in pointing that out. I made a fool of myself? whatever you say, you are a fool.

You should be gagged for this sentence. You are rage-posting, BTW. Every word you write reveals it.

QuoteYou are often patronizing. You have this unfounded sense of self importance where these forums are concerned (what are you trying to compensate for Volkov??), and you are often a sarcastic prick. Most of the times you are condescending, yes, thanks for pointing that out?

You literally have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

You assume you can arbitrarily throw your weight around and talk down to anyone that you want.

Well, actually no, I don't. But it's pretty clear that you do, given the swaggering internet tough guy persona you insist on using, which you have clearly copied from Sevah.

QuoteYou should know by now that I will not hesitate to stand up to your BS and point out your flaws and half truths.

By lying about me? OK Snare, whatever you say.

QuoteOur tiff started when you began tossing empty threats around in a reg discussion, threatening to completely destroy a clan unless they obeyed you.

Threat wasn't empty, and I was simply saying what my response to a completely unprovoked attack was going to be. If you want pretend like I behave like you, be my guest, but you and I both know it's not the truth.

I called your bluff in saying you don't even have the skill to do a solo takedown, let alone take down an entire clan. Of course, you realized that when your clan was destroyed completely.

In what world is being on vacation "destroyed completely"? Is the clan disbanded? No. Have most of the members of the clan been beat down until they give up? No. If you want to insult me, at least be accurate. Oh, and as for "calling my bluff", is that what you were doing? Because it appeared to me that you were just generally being an stoat's behind, and making a fool of yourself, as per usual.

QuoteI will continue to insult your (lack of?) skills in game, which you attempt to inflate to boost your self esteem irl.

Do whatever makes you happy Snare, clearly this whole thing means a lot more to you than it does to me. My IRL self-esteem is not affected in the slightest by your internet rat insults or anything I do in internet rats. Yours clearly is, or you wouldn't be reacting as you are.

QuoteQuit being a pedantic [fatherless child]. You can split hairs all you want but the reality is I don't take anything you say seriously. Frankly you're dismissed with a chuckle and a shake of the head.

Then why the long winded raging responses? You are full of crap Snare. You know how I know you are? Because you have turned a perfectly innocent topic, with a couple perfectly innocent posts by me, into yet another tirade about what a terrible person I supposedly am. You care far more than you are saying, and clearly far more than I do. You should just stop now, and stop embarrassing yourself like this.

I drink maybe once a month, you're the self proclaimed functioning alcoholic, you twit. Give your head a shake.

Then you have no excuse for being foolish, do you? At least when I do something dumb, it's usually because I am drunk.

QuoteAlso, if I have time to respond to your bullcrap, I will obviously defend myself against a pathological liar.

What in God's name are you talking about? You have consistently lied, in every exchange, from the very start of this. You have not once said a true thing about me. I have responded with only truth. So how am I the pathological liar?

QuoteYou've at this point convinced yourself that you can pose a threat to people in this game, and I find that immeasurably sad and hilarious at the same time.

Sure you do. Just keep telling yourself that.

Again, I hope these poignant reminders bring you back down to earth; you're no cooler on the internet than you are irl, you egocentric prick. Take your superiority complex elsewhere. Maybe your time would be better spent in therapy than on here inflating your head.

I still have no clue what you are talking about, and quit personally insulting me. You should be banned for this entire post. Only person who looks bad here is you, because you can't manage to talk to another person in a rational, adult way, and are forced to lay on insult after insult to make a really terrible and untrue point.

One more thing-- you don't know what zenith means, hot shot? I am in great shape, have an amazing gf, and am pursuing a career that will actually land me a job when finished school. You make my leisure time a little more enjoyable when I get to smush your internet rats. probably more than you can say.

I know what zenith means, I'm just not sure how it applies to you. If that's how you want to define your life, I feel sorry for what kind of crisis you will have 50 years from now, when you are old and infirm, your wife is old and infirm, and your career is over. But, hey, keep on insulting me, if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Shadow

Snare: If you really absolutely have to reply again, post your next response without the swearing and personal attacks or you will get a few days off posting. (This goes for any other thread in which this discussion is cluttering up forums). Last warning.
Volkov: Don't post a response at all. Be the one to end this pointless discussion. It is clear this is going nowhere good.

Shadow
Modding.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Pippin

best indier should be decided how Neji (not too sure who you are mate but you know what your on about) explained, winner of an all indy round should be named rwl master indy and im sure the competition would be fierce

disregarding any connections you may think i have with "my superiors" and "masters" as you often refer to them, i'd like to talk about the current situation,

volkov has been annihilated in reg and so has your clan, i dont know why you think your in any position to fight back but realistically your not and i think everyone can see that right now.
your clans been torn apart, shadow was killed and left and your the only active player who remains with no power

nothing personal but i think you've convinced yourself you can actually fight back in reg, nope...

congrats on breaking 100m net in turbo geezer
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Firetooth

Realistically, Snare is a complete beast at everything and anything, so my vote would of course go to him.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sevz

Quote from: Firetooth on May 28, 2012, 10:43:52 AM
Realistically, Snare is a complete beast at everything and anything, so my vote would of course go to him.

Agreed
The dudes straight beast.
*Chucks on BeastSlayerApparel*
I'll be passive til someone chooses to attack my warlord.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.