HAHAHAHHA Well done Shadow and Snowy

Started by Sevz, April 07, 2012, 11:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

I was forwarded a message from the newb you were swearing at...

Anyway, you are imaginging code changes.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

that's funny, I wasn't swearing at any noob, I was helping him... and funnily enough, you had a different excuse last time I accused you of this. Get your story straight.

And it wouldn't be the first time you've weaseled your way around changing things without announcing it. You're crookeder than a politician, it's a wonder you're not aspiring to be one.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

windhound

Sevz:  Its not what you say, but how you say it.
We always welcome constructive feedback.  Your ideas may or may not get implemented, but they're always listened to.
However, going on rants about how this place is dead and the admins are jerks wont get you anything but a gag.  Its not helpful.
The ramifications of screwing with the game formulas are indeed huge.  Funny thing though, sometimes they turn out for the better. 
Reg is inanely unbalanced and somewhat nonsensical, RWL3 is an attempt to make the game make 'sense.'  With Reg, positive cash / food income is almost always a bad thing.  It meant you were doing something wrong.  Now it is generally a good thing.
With Reg you can emp with only food (I did it, with Nero).  This has (sadly, imo) been fixed.
Not all change is bad.  Sorting the good from the bad and making things work is a trick.

Snare:  I can screenshot Shadow's conversation with the newbie in question if you'd like.  I just checked, its legit.  Member complained about an account sending messages with bad language, Shadow responded appropriately.  Admins, even when playing, are allowed to check their own messages. 
I'm not currently playing, as I'm watching my bot horde, so I'm free to check messages. 

Also, afaik, all changes have been logged in the forum topic "____ Round Release Notes"
Shadow has been fairly careful to log all the changes he's made, especially those few changes made while the round is in progress.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

That's funny that you'd accuse Oblit of jumping on the bandwagon, Snare, since it very much looks like once again you've added your voice the insane and illogical rants that come from sevs every time he's losing at the game.

Shadow

I don't ever make code changes without posting about it because we don't have a version control system and if people don't know to update the files I change, someone is likely to overwrite my changes by accident.

Any change made to the test server is logged in the admin section of the forums, and announced publicly when it moves over to turbo. Any change made to turbo live is announced immediately.

The formula for leader gain has not been touched since the release of 3.0, and no code changes have been made to turbo code this round except windy's market display fix, which is as the title suggests, purely cosmetic.

I don't play this game because I have any vested interest in winning, I play it because I like most of the people here. Why would I cheat and risk their respect for a win that gains me literally nothing? It makes no sense.

Anyway, you're welcome to see screenies of my message this round if windy is patient enough to indulge your fantasy.

QuoteWith Reg you can emp with only food (I did it, with Nero).  This has (sadly, imo) been fixed.
Not entirely, actually. It is slower and quite a bit riskier, but it is still possible to protect substantial food net if you are careful.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

When did i ever jump on the band wagon? Im just calling things as i see them.

If you are talking about on the forums look under development i tried to get ideas from sevz looked at and i am generally just trying to keep the peace.

If you are talking about ingame i saw that you guys had won the last few rounds and i didn't think you needed any help so i joined another team. Iv been working with snowy and it was snowy who recruited shadow to our team.

Also i have been able to keep a 70%+ ratio with leaders. Although it takes your whole run and if the person you are attacking has sheilds up it takes a whole run of yours wasted to harm them and you can nearly never do it by yourself.

Come on snare you know me i wouldn't do this just to jump on the bandwagon. I am simply just stating my opinions like i always have. We are still bros and im sure we will still work together in the future.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Sevz

Quote from: windhound on April 09, 2012, 12:41:12 PM
Sevz:  Its not what you say, but how you say it.Your ideas may or may not get implemented, but they're always listened to. (and rebelled against)
The ramifications of screwing with the game formulas are indeed huge.  Funny thing though, sometimes they turn out for the better. 
Reg is inanely unbalanced and somewhat nonsensical, RWL3 is an attempt to make the game make 'sense.'  With Reg, positive cash / food income is almost always a bad thing.  It meant you were doing something wrong.  Now it is generally a good thing.
With Reg you can emp with only food (I did it, with Nero).  This has (sadly, imo) been fixed.
Not all change is bad.  Sorting the good from the bad and making things work is a trick.
The answer is
There were no farmers, there were no cashers. Casher would have income, farmers should be in the green. Leaderer obviously not. Indier obviously not. Reseller possible. Scouter up on both.
Leader bonus's were too high, sacks were altering indier's strategies. Destruction is too common so resilience suggests leader defence
If you run a painted one you'd switch it up and either focus on 1 thing at a time or a bit of everything at once depending on objective and landscape of the server. That's the idea of the game. Not boost the key components of the counter strategy cos there's many approaches to a counter attack. Making indies tough to compete with leaderers doesn't work cos casher and farmer get left behind.

May aswell pester Oblit for a while and one day kill the sukka. Who are ya? Dragon or PiedPiper?
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

The Obliterator

Wouldn't ya like to know :D

:'( And what did i do to deserve that...
On second thoughts i probably do deserve it after what iv been doing this round :D
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Peace Alliance

It really upsets me to think that anyone who has come to RWL and is skimming the forums would be under the impression that the game is in turmoil. In actual fact it's more balanced then it's ever been. You two (sevs and snare) are the only ones who are discontented. It doesn't matter what we do to the game, you are always discontented. We have made changes you suggest, we have made changes that contradict what you are saying, you have even had to change around your narrative (last round we made it too hard to lock, this round we suddenly made it too easy).

From now on I don't want to see you post any complaints about the balance of the game outside of the development forum. When you do post them, I want them to follow these guidelines. I want to limit the space we devote to these silly discussions, and I want you guys to actually focus your attention here on RWL. Everybody respects how well you play the game - what we don't respect is the way you conduct yourselves on the forums.

When posting your suggestions in the dev forum, you must:
1. Write in complete sentences.
2. Explain what the problem is in detail.
3. Be specific.
4. Explain your solution(s) in detail.
5. Be specific.
6. Give us suggestions without being condescending.
8. Expect differences of opinion.
9. Be realistic.

Sevz

Quote from: Peace Alliance on April 10, 2012, 08:02:04 AM
It really upsets me to think that anyone who has come to RWL and is skimming the forums would be under the impression that the game is in turmoil. In actual fact it's more balanced then it's ever been. You two (sevs and snare) are the only ones who are discontented. It doesn't matter what we do to the game, you are always discontented. We have made changes you suggest, we have made changes that contradict what you are saying, you have even had to change around your narrative (last round we made it too hard to lock, this round we suddenly made it too easy).

From now on I don't want to see you post any complaints about the balance of the game outside of the development forum. When you do post them, I want them to follow these guidelines. I want to limit the space we devote to these silly discussions, and I want you guys to actually focus your attention here on RWL. Everybody respects how well you play the game - what we don't respect is the way you conduct yourselves on the forums.

When posting your suggestions in the dev forum, you must:
1. Write in complete sentences.
2. Explain what the problem is in detail.
3. Be specific.
4. Explain your solution(s) in detail.
5. Be specific.
6. Give us suggestions without being condescending.
8. Expect differences of opinion.
9. Be realistic.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Thanks for the food
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shores of Tripoli

I find this hole thing quite funny.