The Drunken Monkey

Started by wolf bite, June 06, 2011, 09:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

The Drunken Monkey

Most people think in the martial arts the different styles such as "the tiger". Few know of the "Drunken Monkey". In that style the artiest makes themselves so limp that blows do not hurt. Then can be punched on all day and no damage done. Eventually the attacker is worn out trying.

wolf bite (#69) 197 Land
Leader/Hut Ratio: 21,200

When sitting on under 500 land and a city, I still had a very good amount of army. The only way to have gone in for the kill on me would have been a very large army using standard attack. The losses to the attacker would be 2, 3 or even 5 times as much depending on their health per attack. The only person that had the army to run the kill on me was Sevz, but his army was on the market after months of saving up.

So the clan jumping member of Knight Sevz took all his army off the market to go for a dishonorable kill. In doing so he has destroyed a month of indy savings. All that is gone now.

Maybe the misguided "allies" of Squire can gain a better perspective.

There was once a story about a monastery in the mountains. They were fully peaceful and had no weapons. Some thieves kept sneaking in at night and stealing their food. So the monastery built a wall around their compound to keep out the thieves. Then the army proclaimed "If they were truly peaceful they would not have a wall" and attacked the monastery.

We were pulled into a little war to defend ourselves. Kill attempts were run on our clan. The enemy was massing major armies to overtake a peaceful training clan. We had no option but to store our food in the hands of a member that had an army defending it. Our "allies", despite all evidence to the contrary, somehow saw this as a threat and attacked. Of maybe they were looking for the excitement of trying to force an unwanted fight.

Have we had enough of this foolishness?

Retention of members in this time were Prom games are decreasing is of upmost importance to the community we all belong in. Squire is a clan dedicated to the survival of your community.

Let us remember back to when we were all new members long ago. At rank 50 you can only see the top ten as you are nestled in with all the dead and inactive people. You would not have joined a clan for a teacher of one of the dead or dying. You did not know the names of Holby, Shadow and wolf bite. Maybe if you saw some people in the top ten you would have assumed they knew what they were doing and could help you. Thus as teachers we need to be food masers in the top ten under rank 3 or few if any will join.

You also would not want to be a full beginner and join a clan at war with half the game. As you are trying to learn to builds structures all the other clans are smashing you because of the war settings.

There are only 2 options and I have told my partners that I will not try to do some mixture.

1)   We boot out all the new members and give the current members the excitement they want of seeing what we are made of.
2)   We go back to retaining members and simply teaching to insure the game you all love to play is still running a year and many years from now.

The choice is really the members what they want.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

cloud

"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Daryn

You know, a new account could be made to continue teaching them. Death in this game doesn't mean the end of it; you just have to start a new account, get back into the Clan, and continue teaching.
Pies.

Sevah

Finishing you has nothing to do with your training camp and the costs do not bother me since i've got heaps and the ability to produce more in an endless beta game

It's great to see you on the brink of extinct after the wrong things you've done by me.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

wolf bite

Hummm,

wolf bite (#69)    141

And full turns and saved turns.

I thought the post was well written. By the responses it does not seem to have been read and contemplated.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Gen. Volkov

QuoteOur "allies", despite all evidence to the contrary, somehow saw this as a threat and attacked.

I'm not going to address the rest of your post, as it is either more of the same as in the other thread, or exactly what kilk said you would say in that other thread. I'm not going to play that game. But the above quoted post is wrong.

All evidence to the contrary? What evidence should we have been looking at? Squire throwing it's weight around? The rather large army stacked on Holby? You acting like one of the lords of creation in the negotiation thread? There was a lot of evidence to point to the idea that you were no longer just a "peaceful training clan". There was not a lot of evidence to point to the idea that you still were a "peaceful training clan". After all, you had just won a clan war, more or less. So it was not "despite all evidence to the contrary", it was due to evidence concordant with the idea that there was a threat.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Your plan didn't do much damage, wolf. A decent indy can output 500+m net in a run on reg atm, and sevah lost less than that standarding you. Use turns so that you don't get pointlessly killed please.

Volkov and the other "Squire was evil" crew, I can't decide if you are trolling or being silly at this point. Every time someone mentions Squire locking land and being evil 3% of my brain cells desert.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Neobaron

QuoteEvery time someone makes a serious post about a text game about sword wielding rats, 3% of my brain cells desert.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Daryn

Quote from: wolf bite on June 06, 2011, 05:01:15 PM

I thought the post was well written. By the responses it does not seem to have been read and contemplated.

Wolf Bite

The post was well written. The use of the comparison of your tactics with the Drunken Monkey martial arts style was especially a thoughtful thing to do on your part.

Contrary to your post, I have read the entire thing at length, and am planning a solution to the newbie retention problem that the game seems to have. It doesn't take much to send PMs to all those incoming newbies and ask them to join your Clan.
Pies.

Sevah

*passes out beer or sodas*
Anyone who wants to stomp heads knows i'll train em.

No beef with Squire. If I can kill WB it'd be fun

Daryn

Quote from: Sevah on June 06, 2011, 08:02:27 PM
*passes out beer or sodas*
Anyone who wants to stomp heads knows i'll train em.

Yup. Like what you did with me.

Let's get puking drunk tonight.
Pies.

Sevah

Lots to learn Daryn, Medic is the new coaching clan. Anyone who wants razor sharp skills can contact for a war tutorial or something

Anyways, lock the thread Bitey's dead

wolf bite

Notice
I am not here to win, only to teach.
Please treat with the same respect I will treat you.

Later ...

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Genevieve

Quote from: wolf bite on June 07, 2011, 05:33:15 AM

Notice
I am not here to win, only to teach.
Please treat with the same respect I will treat you.

Martyring yourself to make a stupid and untrue point... what kind of lesson is that?

Kilkenne

10:1 I'm getting blamed for this because of all the attacks I did on wolf bite and all the spies I had.

(hint I didn't do/have either of these things but I will be the ULTIMATE SCAPEGOAT somehow)

Additionally:

QuoteGuardians of the scarlet night band as a brotherhood of demise bestowing brutal battery by barracks battle banished baffled beyond barriers baron balista breaking brinks bypassing bitter borders of belief

That's a lot of B, Sevz