Is it just me...

Started by The Obliterator, June 25, 2008, 07:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Obliterator

Is it just me or does shadow hold to much power around here.
How does he have the power to kill anyone who will not obey his rules.
I cant see how clan hopping is cheating.
If i was trying to hack the code and thereby gaining an advantage on someone then that is what cheating is.
I however was only using something that was in the code thereby making it legal.
Show me a rule that says dont clan hop and i will stop.
How is it then that my life is at jepordy by shadow only because i did something that was perfectly legal and in the code.
Any explainations would be nice but i dont see a problem with clan hopping and think that if everyone can do it then it i fair.
I enjoy playing this game but some people hold too much sway.
Mods please feel free to change anything in this post if it a flame or unapropriate as i am not sure.
Thankyou Chris
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Checkerpaw

Quote from: The Obliterator on June 25, 2008, 07:44:08 AM
How is it then that my life is at jepordy by shadow only because i did something that was perfectly legal and in the code.

Because he is on a crusade, my friend.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shadow

Quote from: The Obliterator on June 25, 2008, 07:44:08 AM
Is it just me or does shadow hold to much power around here.
How does he have the power to kill anyone who will not obey his rules.
I cant see how clan hopping is cheating.
If i was trying to hack the code and thereby gaining an advantage on someone then that is what cheating is.
I however was only using something that was in the code thereby making it legal.
Show me a rule that says dont clan hop and i will stop.
Any explainations would be nice but i dont see a problem with clan hopping and think that if everyone can do it then it i fair.
I enjoy playing this game but some people hold too much sway.
Mods please feel free to change anything in this post if it a flame or unapropriate as i am not sure.
Thankyou Chris

1. you have the power to kill people who dont ober your rules, too. You just don't act on it.
2. Clan hopping is going to be fixed soon. As of now, it's a bug that people are abusing. There isn't a specific rule against it, although making one would save Shael a lot of coding.
3. I don't have any more power here than anyone else, I am just a little louder than the rest of them.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Death

Man, for someone who doesn't play here, I sure have a lot to say. Anyways, from what I see Shadow is a deterrent, I don't see him trying to make anyone do anything. The clan hopping thing, from what I see, is NOT supposed to work the way it is now. As in, the code is broken in that area and is being abused.

That is abusing a bug. If nothing were ever done code wise to stop it, it would just be playing in a way many people do not like.

Firetooth

lol, Three cheers for death! :)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

Quote-once you leave a clan, you can't join another one for 72 hours

There it is. That is the broken feature, I guess.

Shadow

You got it. Thanks Death.

Saladin

I agree with the Oblit though. :o After being here for little over two months, I have noticed that Shadow holds too much power. His influence over most the players is immense, allowing him to control their actions. He has his minions repeat what he says and justify his actions, making him out to be some chivalrous character. He holds favor with the admins, so he never has fear of being banned. I haven't been around long enough to know how Shadow came to power, but it seems now that, to the majority, his word is absolute.
Starfish love you

Shadow

.................................. Where are you getting this idea? Favor with the admins? Shael is probably wishing she could kick me in the balls right now, and understandably so. As for the rest, I don't order anyone around. If I don't like something in game I will take action to make other players not do it, but it is completely up to them whether or not to listen to me.

And I don't think I have to worry too much about being banned simply because I keep my arguments within the forum rules.

If I make "rule" in game and enforce it by killing people that doesn't mean I have any more power than anyone else. ANYONE could make a rule and kill people to enforce it. That's not a bannable offense. I see no reason that I am being singled out here.

Saladin

Quote from: Shadow on June 25, 2008, 11:16:42 AM
.................................. Where are you getting this idea? Favor with the admins? Shael is probably wishing she could kick me in the balls right now, and understandably so. As for the rest, I don't order anyone around. If I don't like something in game I will take action to make other players not do it, but it is completely up to them whether or not to listen to me.

And I don't think I have to worry too much about being banned simply because I keep my arguments within the forum rules.

If I make "rule" in game and enforce it by killing people that doesn't mean I have any more power than anyone else. ANYONE could make a rule and kill people to enforce it. That's not a bannable offense. I see no reason that I am being singled out here.

You failed to mention you faithful band of followers, whose numbers are vast.
Starfish love you

Shadow

Quote from: Saladin on June 25, 2008, 11:19:50 AM
Quote from: Shadow on June 25, 2008, 11:16:42 AM

You failed to mention you faithful band of followers, whose numbers are vast.

I did mention them: "I don't order people around." I am by no means the leader, I am simply the loudest voice. And if a lot of people agree with me on this, well that's probably because they also dislike people abusing bugs in the code...

Firetooth

Shadow has no followers, thats a lie. They have allies, but thats because they work hard and are respected at rwl. They run eire, but that's like saying corsair are your followers. Get over yourself.
He isn't favoured at all, unlike you he just doesnt spam every topic or do a me and flame people so he hasnt got a warning.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Saladin

Quote from: Firetooth on June 25, 2008, 11:27:19 AM
Shadow has no followers, thats a lie. They have allies, but thats because they work hard and are respected at rwl. They run eire, but that's like saying corsair are your followers. Get over yourself.
He isn't favoured at all, unlike you he just doesnt spam every topic or do a me and flame people so he hasnt got a warning.

Firetooth, you have always seemed to me one of Shadow's followers. You run around, praising his every word, denouncing those who disobey him. You do everything he tells you to, so get over yourself. And I only spam in the Spa Room, so bug off.
Starfish love you

Firetooth

What the? I dont follow anyone, shadows basically my mentor, but this is the first round Ive ever worked with them net gaining.
Im denouncing you because your sounding like a complete idiot. Oblit has been here quite a long time, you've been here two months, what right have you too judge? Shadows a very good player of rwl, but have they emped anything? They won one turbo round, tell me if that makes a player who rules all of turbo solo?
"I haven't been around long enough to know how Shadow came to power, but it seems now that, to the majority, his word is absolute. "