Stoats Overpowered?

Started by Badrang the Tyrant, July 05, 2007, 12:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badrang the Tyrant

(not sure where to put this)

Are Stoats overpowered?  They've got +30% attack power, a positive Indy bonus, great Leader bonus and have hardly any defects.  Also, more than half the game population choses to play as a Stoat.  Is it because RWLers are so used to doing Leader strats, or are they attracted to the "super" race?

taekwondokid42

maybe. I definately would choose another race if I was going to indy, but a good question.

I know that stoats no longer get unlimited loyalty, so that brings their power down much. I have to spend 2 turns earning for every 6 turns feasting.

I'm not sure how that usually compares, cause I got here at the very end of reg.

Shadow

the downside is poor loyalty - with a marten i was earning loyalty faster than i could goldmine - not so with stoats
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42

no, in turbo I was gaining loyalty as fast as I was using it. I had about 350mil loyalty when I was killed.

This no loyalty thing is new, and it is cutting down on my gains >=(

But hey, I'm still #1, so why am I complaining?

Wolf Snare

I'll find a reason.  :evil:
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

you mean you'll give him a reason? :roll:

Badrang the Tyrant

Quotemaybe. I definately would choose another race if I was going to indy, but a good question.
Well, obviously.  But it highly unbalanced to have a master Leader race who's also decent at Indying and who hardly has any negatives to them at all.  Methinks Shael was biased when she set up the races. :-P

idunno

The Lady Shael

Don't look at me, I'm in charge of Code. I just set them up the way Peace told me to. >.< And my normal race is a weasel, not a stoat...but weasels were given the axe in this new version. =/
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

Look who's #1 now. LOL. Stoat doesn't seem to bad though. Course I have yet to run as Marten.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

White Fang

At the beginning of Turbo, any skilled player should be able to take #1 after a full run.

Shadow

so far marten>stoat - the ratio required to academy is almost the same as that required to gold mine, and after spending all the turns needed to get the ratio, id rather gold mine the rest of my turns then academy and then do a half powered cashing spell. There is also the fact that stoats earn less loyalty then martens

taekwondokid42

still on vacation...

Did I die?

I fear going on my account cause if I'm alive I don't want to unfreezxe my army.

White Fang

Gen. Volkov

I think you were killed taek.

I know Fang, I was just joshing taekwondokid about it.

Shadow, stoat actually gains more loyalty than Marten. Marten has a -10% loyalty modifier, stoat has a 0% modifier.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES