Magpie Strategy?

Started by Preußen, September 15, 2011, 03:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preußen

I'm not sure if there is one up yet, but if someone has time, can they outline what to do with one?

Thanks.

Pippin

Magpie strategy is basically taxing your workers for income, which when you get to producing can take longer than most races.

First of all you should be scraping up some land and building either 100% tents at a 5% tax rate whilst attacking, or 90% tents 10% foragers so you don't have to worry about buying or running out of food. It will also be worth it to build a few huts while attacking so you can use the magpies unique spell tax evasion which basically lets you heal to 100% health on any tax rate, whereas you couldn't heal over 70% health on anything over a 11% tax rate. You should hit the targets with the most land straight away and get your attacks done in the least turns you can so you can produce for the majority of your turns.

After you have finished attacking and building the ideal structures, it's time to produce which is relatively simple but repetitive. Sell or aid away all your remaining troops to minimize your upkeep and maximize your income, and then go into your manage army page and tick the option to put a tax box in your loot page. What you want to do now for the rest of your turns is to set your tax rate to 70% and spend 20 turns looting. After that set your tax rate to 5% and loot for 4 turns, then repeat and tax your workers at 70% for 20 turns. Continue your 70% 20 turns and 5% 4 turns until you have use up your turns and produce plenty of cash for a non leader race.

When using your evade tax spell you should also use your raise defenses spell a few times to make sure you cash produce stays safer from some steal, but it's not immune to sacks.

That should be it you can message me if you want anymore information on magpie.

edit: maybe we should compile all the strategies written into one topic to make it easier to find any specific strategy.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Preußen

Crud, that sounds a bit annoying, but I like challenging races.

Thanks!