Indying

Started by Muse, October 12, 2011, 01:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

Hey. I need major help with indying. What is it and how do you do it?
Stop! Don't touch me there,
this is my private square!

Durza

indying is massive generation of troops.  you build mostly on barracks, and a few huts. Using the troops you generate with barracks, you take more land and build more barracks.  Indying is difficult to do without a clan because of expenses.  As expenses become larger, you aid to a storer usually a leaderer(wolf, marten, stoat) who holds the troops because they can afford it, the also supply the indiers with food/cash.

The best races for indying include lizard and rat.

Did I miss anything?
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Uiblis

Build a few foragers to create food; make just enough so that your food is in the positive, otherwise it doesn't matter much.

Build a few huts (like a couple hundred) after your first couple attacks, fill them up with a few leaders, then demolish to 175 ratio. This way you can prepare raiders and raise defenses, and even heal if you have loyalty.

Sacking leaders is a good way to get cash or food while attacking, but can cause animosity.

Some indys prefer to mass one troop type; others create all types. It depends on the person and what they want. You can store a few troops on the market for later or sell them to mercs or market for cash.

You might want to build a few camps before selling troops to get some extra.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Rakefur

You want to be in Northlands, with rat or lizard.

Rat: An effective choice for producing AND destroying net. A solid offense bonus alongside its low cost upkeep values allow it to hold higher number of troops for much longer than other races can do. And even in clashes where you lose millions, your high indy bonus rebuilds them in no time, ready to attack again.

As indy, you use a variation of builds of Barracks, camps, huts, foragers depending on the situation. This is from greatest priority to least, (imo), So a build of 80-90% barracks, is powerful, but costly, you must continually aid your troops around every 20 turns. If you do not have money, build up your skiffs, until you cant build no more, and sell them mercs. but before making them have a decent percentage of 10% -15% of camps( much higher resale value, with less costs= higher overall cash )

Stoats are very cheap to maintain, so its my choice of building afterwards.

Rats are very easy to make, but require obscene amounts of food to maintain, especially when it takes 40 turns to break the guy with top land while holding 50million+rats... so i generally dislike rats if i have no resources.

Weasels are harder to break, but make a few towards your end of the run, to protect yourself from standards.

Skiffs are supreme, but are much to difficult to break the top guys with, (you must keep health above 65 or you will lose too many skiffs per attack.)

Rats battlefield healer gives you a 10 percent reduction in loses when attacking. Very powerful, especially when suiciding against other storers. It also enables you (for the hour) no FEAR losses, so you can attack huge empires and not get 10%ed. The overall hard netcap, is not affected, (in which if the empire is 5 times greater than your networth,you may not attack it) Also, battlefield healers does nothing for losses on weaker empies,so no picking on defenseless empires :p
~~~~~~~~~~
So heres what i do:

First, this is NOT TURBO, be careful how you, run, do not half-a§s it. Produce as much as you can... So if land is spread out, especially among weaker net empires, dont go for it, you wont grab enough to make a superior run... When i see potentially 100k acres or higher in less than 50 turns, than ill go for it. so first prepare raiders, and battlefield healers on. I attack an empire first, to see if ican break, then preparin raider/ battlefield healers which will heal 4 points, (effeciency is key)
So attack empires with 60k land first, take 15 k or so dont attack to much, leave yourself on a number health divisible by 10, like 70,80,90. dont go below that. Heres a pro move, dont build yet, heal using generals hut mission heal. it heals 10 points, saving 8 turns for more attackin ;) then attack another 60k or so empire, and repeat until you have no more loyalty, then go for the big empire. If you have no loyalty, skip this and simply hit the the biggest landholder.Hit until you take the majority of land. From the state the round is in, i get 150k easy doing this.

So when health is at 10% or lower, start building. Barracks take highest prority. Off 150k you can manage it with 10 billion cash, but you would still need to sell troops, however, i find 20 billion cash, enough to last me the whole run. So, build barracks, a few camps 3 percent or so, or more if low on cash, and a few turns of huts and maybe foragers, if you need food. Or doing a pure rat run... Then, when done building, use anything to heal up normally, until 100 health. No grace period here, attack more players for land. until no health, then build and keep doing this. Important to not over attack and not have enough turns for healing to 100 health, because that is just dumb.

The real trick is to goto management, build only 1 type of troops, then smash other players with chaos, Chaos kills up to15 percent more troops, but takes less land. This is key to destroying net...

Also, if you do not wish to kill others troops, then still attack empires with easy to get land. Every 20 turns aid about 2-3 times of the bulk of troops you have tona STORER, most likely rakefur, darky, assessino. (Only Rakefur is storable right now)

This way, your costs are so low, but you still make tonsof net for the clan. When around 75 turns, buid the rest of troops for yourself, but still have enough cash to move for next set, or not if you are reliably aided cash. :D

its hard bro, but the most fun i have, as an indy, i take great pleasure being able to break anyone, that is me proof of accomplishment, others, its producing only. I personally like killing others troop net, using chaos. So its up to you how you spend your 450 turns... you only get em every 3 days after all

--Ryu

P.S. yes I got this from Ryu.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Durza

no you got it from me, who got it from Ryu
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Rakefur

Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012