So They Tried to kill RWL...

Started by Peace Alliance, October 27, 2009, 12:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Bluehost (our web host) SCREWED things up... The result was some down time, and the loss of all our files... All of 'em.

Windy, being the wizard that he is, discovered out DB's are still in tact. That means thearetically that we can bring the games back up as they were, as well as the forums. It may take a few days...

For the full scoop, you can look at the page i made while things were down. At the least it's amusing... heh. www.redwallwarlords.com/bluehostsucks/bluehostsucks.php

windhound

Yep.  I'm still surprised the mysql db was all there (our server -is- localhost), but we should be alright.
As soon as Shael has a moment to upload her copies of the game files rwl should be fully functional

The forum lost its custom theme (again), but as all the posts were stored in the untouched database everything should be fine.  Same with the game files, everyone's account should be the same as it was before the server took a dump on us.

One of the joys of having someone else holding your files, you never know if they're gonna screw 'em up.  We'll get a better backup scheme in place soon.

Cheers guys, sorry about the downtime.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Pippin

Well done Windy! Dayyumm you Bluehost!

9:27:49 PM]: go have a smoke Shad.

:D Lmao.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Firetooth

I officially complained to bluehost yesterday :D They said "one moment, connecting you to a technician," or something. I said his face was funny and ended the chat. Cos I'm well mature :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Krowdon

I was freaked out when I could not access warlords. lol.

Lol @ peace's conversation. im just glad Warlords is back.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

The Lady Shael

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Pippin

Yey! I think I just raked into 5th place.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Sharptooh

Nice job getting it fixed Windy :)

If you're looking for a new host you might want to check out http://www.justhost.com/ I'm looking into hosting a website with them, and they seem to offer a great package for a small price.

Quote from: Pippin on October 27, 2009, 04:37:24 AM
Well done Windy! Dayyumm you Bluehost!

9:27:49 PM]: go have a smoke Shad.

:D Lmao.

lol

Krowdon

YAY!! everythings back! Peace, you are my hero!
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Sabriel

And Shael. Don't forget Shael. And Windy.

Quote from: Takara on August 08, 2009, 12:50:19 PMHOWL IS AWESOME. YOU ARE SAD BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT HOWL.

Quote from: Genevieve on November 11, 2009, 02:38:03 AMAsian food is also usually inanimate.
USUALLY.

Krowdon

Yes, they are awesome too, but Peace saves RWL from being lost to Cyberspace.

Peace Alliance

Ya, with my amazing ability to be rude to Bluehost support technicians and then whine to windy and shael.

Firetooth

Quote from: Peace Alliance on October 30, 2009, 06:34:36 PM
Ya, with my amazing ability to be rude to Bluehost support technicians and then whine to windy and shael.
I'm proud of you :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sabriel

You know what Peace, I think however much you try, you will never sway Krowdon from worshipping.

Quote from: Takara on August 08, 2009, 12:50:19 PMHOWL IS AWESOME. YOU ARE SAD BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT HOWL.

Quote from: Genevieve on November 11, 2009, 02:38:03 AMAsian food is also usually inanimate.
USUALLY.