Harry Potter

Started by CoolClaw, June 21, 2003, 04:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

And with crying.. It was emotional. Still I loved it!

Pikepaw

No body ruin it for me!  I am reading Triss right now (the only Redwall novel I have not read, see my topic in the spa room,  Best day of my life and of others lives/I might be gone for a while) and my sister is hogging the book, by the time I finish it I will read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and then the Hobbit.  I will torture all who don't post on my topic (see above) and anyone who spoils the fifth Harry Potter **Glares at Brock, Shael and a few others.** from now on.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

pokeymanns

Quote from: The Lady ShaelAny true Harry Potter fan /should/ know that J.K. Rowling's a she. I can't believe even now, when she's getting used to basking in world popularity, that some still have doubts about her gender. That I find hard to believe.
I'm sorry.  I don't quite keep up with everything that well.  I didn't mean I was a fan of Harry Potter.  I just like the books.  They're very good.  I like the third one best.  It was weird how Sirius was Harry's godfauther.
~Pokeymanns

Amoraq

<_<  *pouts* windy won't give up the book. I have only read 5 pages.   :angry:  :(

~~Windclaw the Mighty~~

-Windpaw's Pack-

~Vuur Draak af~

Highist rank 1st

~~~Guroum~~~
Apollo 13, leader of the 13 round of turbo
user posted image

Narfel

Well, nobody has to worry! I was able to make it to a book store today and bought the book for 30% off.... anyways, I am only at the page 61. It's at the part where he is at the 12th house or something like that! Well as I suspected, there were a heck load of copies left and nobody, in my town seems to want to take the time to read them when they can see the movie! Well thts just good news for me.... B)  
I dont  go looking for trouble,<br>trouble usually finds me.<br>-Harry Potter<br>Make sure you kids keep it clean this summer!

Ashyra Nightwing

There probably isn't going to be a movie made of this book. It's about 800 pages long.

*sniff* WHY???.....*sniff*

*mourns for someone*

CoolClaw

WHy did you guys read it  so fast?  I am trying to take a while to read it. You can only read a book for the first time once.
"Ever since using Strongbad's Ab- Abber 2000, the ladies have been all up ons"
-Strongsad

Lend me some sugar, I am your neigbor!

Whats cooler than bein cool? ICE COLD!
Shake it like a Polroid Picture!

pokeymanns

I'm still working on it too.  I found it hard to believe that Harry could be so mean to the people he loves.  I could never do that.  Not even if I tried.  That includes all of you.  I love you all so much.  I don't think I could ever leave these forums.
~Pokeymanns

Narfel

Yeah, but thats what happens when you go throw puberty *stiffles his laughter*! Well you can understand wh he would be so mad though, right? :huh:  
I dont  go looking for trouble,<br>trouble usually finds me.<br>-Harry Potter<br>Make sure you kids keep it clean this summer!

Shytalon

900 Pages in three years is understandable. While anyone can write that quickly, remember that there's a lot of editing involved. Longer the book, the longer the editing is.

I'd put about a year of that to actual writing, and two to editing and dealing with the publisher.
"Like a song,
Out of tune and out of time,
All I needed was a rhyme for you.
C'est la vie."
~C'est la vie, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

~Assisstant to RFF, Rubinsky's Renegades (#15)

Mark

My brother, Jo (Jedi!?...for those of you that remember him) , found this copy of the #5 on the internet in February.  It turned out that this "guy" said that he got #5 back then because a stupid marketer released it too soon.  

My brother read the whole thing and he says that it's a fake.  Well, in the book dudley gets a girlfriend and starts working out.  Him and Harry become friends.  Now can't you tell that it's fake?  I mean just from reading that?

Oh, yes, in the last chapter Dudley kills himself.  Under the lead of Worm-tail and trys to make it look like a suicidally.  But his parents fall for it, but no one else.  And they get a dog to replace him. :D
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Ashyra Nightwing

Nothing like the real version. A definite fake.

Mark

I know.  But who? Who would want to make an 766 page fake?!? Of all the stupid things. :rolleyes:  
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Almkman

Why don't people see the obvious reason why he's yelling at his friends?
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Quamicauzilot

If I think of anything I forgot, I'll just edit it in.

To think I almost forgot this.  For those of you that aspire to rule: http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

For the CAFI folks.

Quamicauzilot, leader of The Sockferrets, #10.