With them I sow the thunder...

Started by Vengerak, July 03, 2003, 07:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menatus

Well, I was there. I remember the days of Raine and Ragefur and Stormclaw as the highest members...and the only person who had 100,000+ land was Stormclaw.

I always thought Raine was cool back then. I think I came back at just the right time.

Abby The Rat

Does, thy rememberth me? ~puts on a funny face~
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

TR Shadow

Oh!  Do you remember me?  *Thinks* Wait, don't answer that.  Please.  I doubt I want you to remember me.

The Lady Shael

"Thanks, all"? Surely you can say more than that...I hope you stay around long, you were a great clan leader and a wonderful person to talk to.

*nods with Tania* I miss those days...everyone was complaining about Stormy being so high, and then I said nothing was impossible, which brings us back to Raine again, who contradicted me with his steady stream of logic, which erupted into a 14-page argument on possibilities being impossibilities, the chicken or the egg, evolution, religion, and many more topics which became relatively boring.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Abby The Rat

Oh, that's the good old days.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

The Beatles

Dude, it's been a while...

And I'm the oldest fossil around here. With the possible exception of Ad.

Um, welcome back, hi, have a nice day, don't let RWL/forums drive you crazy, and if you want to keep Shael's/Ashyra's friendship, don't find out what 'VI' means. :) Eat cheese sticks, be happy.

Enjoy RWL and later get a life like all of us should. Give me your AIM.

~Beatles (<<< broccoli)

Vengerak

I could've said more than "Thanks, all.", but I was short of time. & imagination.

Stuff: I remember TR Shadow, Ad, Menatus, Shael, Beatles, Nightwing & probably someone else I forgot asked. RazorClaw dosen't ring a bell, I'm afraid.  :P

Whenabouts did Ad appear, anyway? I think that I (& therefore Beatles.) was around before him/her, but I could be wrong... Oh, & I only have MSN, Beatles. Terranix@msn.com.

Hmm, other things...well, Shael's still wrong as regards nothing being impossible. We can drag that up again if you like.  ^_^

Vulpine Imperium I checked out. S'okay, but, to be brutally honest, seems a bit crap. I'll participate for a bit, though. Dig up some junk I sent in to the old clubs I was in for gilders.

Umm, that's about all I can think to say. Still a little out of it. If I catch any of MSN I can properly re-accquaint (sp?) myself a tad more.

The Beatles

'Twould be quite appropriate to bring it up.

So here, all you new forum members:

Raine and I claim that .. uh... what the heck was it that we claimed? Was it that nothing was impossible, or the opposite?

Uh... Xe---- or whoever, I still claim that Creation is right. So there.

% \(-                  
(-: command not found

Blackeyes

Pardon me asking, but what are you talking about?
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Ashyra Nightwing

It's something from the old forum that I was never around to see... But I remember the topic.

RazorClaw

Hmmm, well, I suppose that I'm glad that nobody remembers me from the old era, I was a spamming little
ne---. (that isn't swearing, it's not using "that term" that refers to newer players) The only reason why you'd remember me is because I applied for the Conquerors' League. But, who cares? I think TR Shadow is the only person here who remembers me on the old boards. At first a lot of people didn't know who I was on the new bords, I was almost like a different person. I still am, for that matter. But, maybe if osmeone else comes back THEY'LL remember me, who knows? Maybe everyone will forget I exist and I'll fall into a swirling vortex of hate.... That would be an averagely wierd post on the old forums.

TR Shadow

Indeed I do remember you, Razorclaw.  You were one of my first allies in-game.

*Glares at Rainey*  I thought I told you not to answer that!  You aren't suppose to remember me!

RazorClaw

You were almost as goofy as I was, if I recall correctly........ And the only reason why you remember me is because I was in your clan.

Vengerak

To clarify: Shael said "Remember, nothing is impossible!" to lend weight to some point or other she was making.

This got me started, because, well, I like to argue the toss with people for the sake of being annoying, & it was idealistic BS anyway.  :P

My (ironclad) argument is this: If NOTHING was impossible, that would mean that it was IMPOSSIBLE for something to BE IMPOSSIBLE, correct? Therefore, since IMPOSSIBILITY WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE, it would STILL BE IMPOSSIBLE for NOTHING to be impossible. Because, after all, if it is not possible for something to be impossible, then not everything is possible, is it?

You might need to read that a few times, but it makes perfect sense, I assure you.

Secondary arguments would be something along the lines of "It is not possible for the six-toed elephants to dig into the centre of the Earth using sporks & find the leprechaun's crock of gold.", but, believe it or not, that is surprisingly easy to argue.

^_^ Shael?

Menatus

I completely agree with you, Raine. Although I stopped paying attention a few words into that. But I do agree. :P

I have MSN too (though I NEVER go on it.) Perhaps I should download it. If it strikes your fancy to add me to your list, I'm trascia@hotmail.com.

I do remember that topic, but I never participated in it. I was really new at that time and didn't want to make a bad first impression. ^_~