Kill the cheat

Started by Larrusus Deathspear, May 07, 2004, 04:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nohcnonk

Wildwood, even if you're innocent, the evidence is against you.

Cindarin

Who won the Peloponnesian War?
Name a pice of music composed by Beethoven.
What's the square root of -1?
What civilization was said to be home of the minatour?
Who was the longest living of the Egyptian pharoahs?
Name a female Egyptian ruler other then Cleopatra.
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

Devari

Quote from: CindarinWhat's the square root of -1?
ROFL!  :lol:

(Pardon the spam. I just happen to find that funny. :D )

calria

*leans back in her chair, pulls her keyboard into her lap, and cracks her knuckles* (And the sad thing is I really did exactly that. Well, and had a drink from my can of Diet Tea, but that's beside the point.)

I'm afraid, boys, that you've dallied into my particular niche on this forum, and so I must behind in with my own personal diatribe. I hope that everyone involved in this argument will take note, since this should prove instructive to you all. Learn from my experience now, and perhaps I'll be spared the worsening of my carpal tunnel syndrome as my age advances, eh?

Cindarin: When you are going to correct someone on their spelling, and make as much of an issue out of it as you do, make sure that you, also, are spelling things correctly. You spelled 'recent' wrong ("resent"), and used the wrong spelling of the word "whether" ("weather"). I won't go into your grammatical problems at the moment, since it's 11:30pm and I have other things to do before I go to bed.

The rest of this is addressed to everyone in general, with most points being triggered by our dear Wildwood:

First of all, let me say that spelling, grammar, punctuation, and other things that have to do with the art of writing are extremely important. I don't care how old you are, how intelligent you are, what field of study you are going to go into, or what you think about education as a whole. The way in which you write is one of the biggest signs that the world at large sees when it is trying to evaluate your value as a human being. You can have the best ideas in the world, but if you cannot put them into a sentence well, then there are few who will take the time to sit up and take notice of you. Also, despite technology's seeming reduction of this to redundancy, let me remind you that no, the knowledge of how to spell is not redundant knowledge. For example, let us take the correction which I just gave Cindarin, regarding his usage of the word "whether." Spell check would have assumed that the spelling he used was the one he meant, since "weather" is also a word. Someone reading that, however, with a rudimentary knowledge of how to spell, would look down on that were this not a casual setting. You say, Wildwood, that it does not affect your life at all to be a bad speller.
Sure, it doesn't affect you now, but you're only... what, between twelve and fifteen, I'd guess? Wait until you get into college. Wait until you get into the world of work. It will have some definate effect on you at some point, even if it's only in your English prof's estimation of you, which could mean the difference between an A and a B, which could mean the difference between getting a job and not getting a job later on in life. What happens when you have children someday? They see that you don't care about spelling, so they won't either. The pattern continues, worsening with each generation. This is how civilizations decline.

Let's move on to the next thing:
QuoteDude, I am smart, athletic, happy, a good Christian, nice (in real life), and funny. I think I am going to get somewhere in life.
QuoteI am double posting because too many other people do it without getting in trouble, so I figure what the heck.

Tell me, how do these two quotes add up? I won't reiterate what's already been said about the equation between these forums and real life. After all, if you can't treat people who you have never seen face to face decently, how can you be expected to be genuinely nice to those with whom you might have some actual grudge?
I will, however, point out, first of all, the fallacy in your argument about your double-posting. If you are a "good Christian," shouldn't you follow rules despite the actions of others? Nobody in the world gets in trouble, really, for adultery, and some don't even get in trouble for murder. Are you going to go and break all the commandments because others do so and don't get into trouble? What you adhere to in the larger lessons of life you should also adhere to in the smaller things-- the larger things show how you are swayed by society. The smaller ones show the depth of your character. I certainly hope that you have character somewhere in you. I hope that for everyone-- otherwise, I sincerely give up.

I'm not going to get into the issue of whether or not Wildwood is, in fact, a multi-account user, or was in the past. None of us can really tell for sure, and while the patterns of usage may point to that, it's not my place to say yes or no, because he might be telling the truth, and none of us have been to his house to prove it.
I will say, however, that integrity and intelligence are the two most important qualifications any man can have. Most of you on this forum are, or are becoming, young men. Do so with some pride, won't you?  

Wolf Snare

Ok, this is rediculous. Now you two are picking eachothers posts apart. Cindarin, I have the same feeling about the whole multi account scandal, and I honestly think WIldWood is a cheater. Although he may not be your favourite person, he /is/ infact a human being too, and deserves equal treatment. I do not enjoy reading post after post of you two trying to make eachother look stupid. It's just not working for me. WildWood, get your bloody story straight. You might as well confess before one of your friends rats you out again. Cindarin, As much as you would like to, it /is/ dissrespectful to pick apart WildWood''s posts like that, and flat out inappropriate questioning his abbilities of reading / writing. If he says he is smart, then I guess he is smart. end of story. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses.

Sorry for acting like such a jerk guys, but I can only tollerate so much of this nonsense before I snap. XD

*giggles* well said Cal. :rolleyes:  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

calria

Thank you. I have to write long moral statements somewhere now that I'm over my final exams, or I get rusty, you know?
:D  

Wolf Snare

XD

Ahh... Not a bad idea. And where better a place to do so than the RWL forums? :)

You should write an essay everytime there is an arguement. Not so much consentrated on the origin of the problem, yet more so on life in general. I'm pretty sure that last performance got those two thinking. ;)  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

Wildwood please don't mind cindarin, I think he's taking a little bit of frustration out on you.

My opinion? I think your a good guy. Good guy who... quite possibly... has been multi-accounting. I've been cought doing it myself, and if you are multi-accounting, then right now, delete every account you've got, according to tevedence you're half way there, then start a new account and don't cheat again. I won't respect you less if you do this. In fact it would be the honest mans way out.

Also, i think you're smart. I think i'm smart, and i don't even bother using capical "i"'s. Fact of the matter is Cindarin is just takin out some frustration, don't take it wrong though, you're both good people.

wolf bite

I stand beside Peace on this.

*notices he is standing next to Peace and slowly steps aside.*

Wildwood, it has long been rumored that you have multi accounts. You I think even admitted it on the forum sig once. This is a game of skill and something people should be proud of to look at their accomplishments. There is no victory in taking what you did not earn. It is unfair to others that are fairly working to gain something and have someone unfairly take it away.

So no one should ever have more then one account. And siblings don?t count if they are not the ones at the keys.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Wildwood

OK, like I said before, I am trying to be nice, so I am not going to even make a post about any of this, and suggest that this topic be closed.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Cindarin

QuoteNobody in the world gets in trouble, really, for adultery

Ha!, that's a good one.  Niot getting in trouble for adultery eh?  I believe that is all about to change within the next two months... Anywho, taking out frustration?  Maybe I am maybe i'm not... hmm actually that's not a bad idea!

*Looks for his brother*  Oh yea, he's not here.  *Looks for next best thing, parents!*

user posted image

Rocc Arrem

Quote from: CindarinLike I said before you spelt ?Particular? wrong.  You spelt it ?Praticular?.  Not only in your sig but in one of your resent posts as well.  .

Here you are telling him hes a bad speller and look how you spelled recent its a 'c' not an 's'. You also spelled their 'thier' in several posts. So lay off
Rocc Arrem, greatest swordsbeast in all the Northlands,father of  Trisscar Swordmaid!
Rocc Arrem #63

I love cats I have one that fetches

Cool People:
Nohc
Gen. Volkolv
Guthorm Swordmaster
Wolf Bite
Boar the Fighter

Cindarin

Tsk tsk.  Don't get me started on you.  Besides I pointed out his spelling because he said he was smart.  Therefore using his spelling to prove a point.  I never said I was smart or above everyone else now did I?

Edit:

By the way, why did you repeat that which Cal already mentioned?

And just for the record:

1. Athenians lost the Peloponnesian War.  This was a result of the Persians invading Athens during an assault from the Spartans.

2. Ode to Joy (9th symphony) ? Commonly known as the Drink milk love life tune.

3. The square root of ?1 is ?i?.

4. The Minoan civilization was said to be home of the Minotaur.  The palace of Crete is said to be where the Minotaur was kept because of its maze like labyrinth.  As well many Minoan artifacts are inscribed with a bulls head.

5. Ramses II - Ramses had more than 100 children, and died in 1237 at the age of 92. (ruled egypt for 66 years).

6. Queen Nefertiti.

user posted image

Lereac

Maze like labyrinth?  Isn't that redundant?   :)  

Cindarin

Possibly.  However i'm too... well let's just say I don't care if it is or isn't.  In fact I don't care about anything.  ^_^

user posted image