Stress

Started by Barkclaw2, August 17, 2005, 09:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barkclaw2

I'm SO stressed. I'm moving. A few towns away. Only me and my brother are cleaning out the apatment. Between lugging furniture out to the dumpster, wiping walls, vacuming, and school stating in a couple weeks, I'm pretty stressed out. I mean, it was hard just to find low income housing. mmy mom is single, unemployed, and has two kids. It's hard.
Sorry to all that I cause distress to. I can sometimes be a jerk (Well, ok, all the time). I don't mean to be.

wolf bite

* pats *

All things depend on the direction they are looked at from. A prince is upset he did not get 2 new horses. A kid in Beverley Hills is upset the gardener cut down his favorite climbing branch. The kid in upper New York is upset he really has to do his own homework. A child on a farm is upset they had to eat his pet pig. A kid in the ghetto is upset dad was again arrested. A kid living in an alley is upset that it will rain on the box he sleeps in tonight. Then a child with no box to live in walks past the child living in a wet box and wishes he too had a wet box to sleep in.

It all depends what a person expects from life at a given time in their life. The answer is understanding that all things are temporary and the future is much bigger then the past. No matter how hard things may be today, there will always be a tomorrow and an opportunity for change and better things. Some of the greatest and richest people in the world went through very hard times. They understood that those hard times were just a step to what will be in the future and after knowing that, forged ahead through the hard times, making the best of them. Then from the lesions they learned from their past, they learned what they did not want from their future and found ways to earn the right to never have them again.

Brad Pitt was one of several children in a family that was starving. Now his movie career supports his whole family. A man named Norton Simon had such a bad home life he had to travel with the circus cleaning up animal poop at the age of 11, he became the 10th richest man in the world. Two guys were in a small apartment hoping the pizza delivery man would be late so they could pay half price, and thought of the teenage mutant ninja turtles. A man had just been turned down for a job with IBM to be a programmer and now one else would hire him, so he used up all his money making the program in hopes to sell it to IBM, his name was Bill Gates. The stories go on and on ?

You have been given the teaching of what you don?t want from your life. Now you have a reason, a mission, to succeed in life. Work the hardest you can to get through what is going on now. Don?t stop to think about it, just get it done to help the family. Then keep improving yourself through knowledge and training to be the best you can be. Whether it is education or a talent you have, become the best at it. Then you and your children will never be in the place you are now.

Some people use their past as an excuse to repeat their own past, others use it as motivation!

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Disdain

Very well said, oh father figure Wolf Bite.
I too am stressed from moving. This is the secend move in 4 months, for me and my family.

Hang in there Barclaw. What wolf said is a wealth of wisdom.

(click to enlarge)

Barkclaw2

So wise.

But my mom was rich as a kid. And then bad stuff happened. But your right. ^_^
Sorry to all that I cause distress to. I can sometimes be a jerk (Well, ok, all the time). I don't mean to be.

The Lady Shael

*was going to make a list of everything she's stressed about right now, but after reading Wolf's post, decides not to*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

wolf bite

Oh, go ahead and vent ....

* waits *

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Lady Shael

*bows head* If you insist.

-senior project proposal due Monday, I still have no clue what I'm going to do
-college applications, barely written any of the essays, and I haven't even started on the teacher recommendation packets
-my AP Lit summer homework is two weeks late and still nowhere close to being finished
-need to sell ads for the school newspaper
-auditioned for the school musical (Mame) against my will, and made the chorus, so now I have to fit that into my schedule somehow
-dual enrollment Calculus every Tuesday and Thursday evening
-planning my debutante ball, includes setting up practices for the dancers, organizing various lists, deciding this, deciding that, buying a ton of things...
-boyfriend vs. parents issues

That's all I can think of at the moment...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Disdain

Quote from: The Lady Shael on August 19, 2005, 09:58:45 PM
*bows head* If you insist.

That's all I can think of at the moment...

Wow, isn't that enough? Way to go. Hard work will pay off.

(click to enlarge)

Nohcnonk

I've got nothing to complain about... Teenage life is dull.

RazorClaw

I'm not at all stressed. Just a little -- DANG YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SO ANNOYED< WITH YOUR LITTLE PIECES OF GUIDANCE AND AVATARS DEPICTING FURRY ANIMALS! YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!

Much better.

Barkclaw2

Quote from: The Lady Shael on August 19, 2005, 09:58:45 PM
-senior project proposal due Monday, I still have no clue what I'm going to do
-college applications, barely written any of the essays, and I haven't even started on the teacher recommendation packets
-my AP Lit summer homework is two weeks late and still nowhere close to being finished
-need to sell ads for the school newspaper
-auditioned for the school musical (Mame) against my will, and made the chorus, so now I have to fit that into my schedule somehow
-dual enrollment Calculus every Tuesday and Thursday evening
-planning my debutante ball, includes setting up practices for the dancers, organizing various lists, deciding this, deciding that, buying a ton of things...
-boyfriend vs. parents issues
Then why are you on the internet? *Pushes Shael out of the digital door* Go work!!! Hurry before things get even worse!!!

Aqualis

I am completely relaxed.

No, I'm not high.

I was driving today. Hehe...
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Nohcnonk

Holby

Quote from: RazorClaw on August 20, 2005, 03:29:04 PM
I'm not at all stressed. Just a little -- DANG YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SO ANNOYED< WITH YOUR LITTLE PIECES OF GUIDANCE AND AVATARS DEPICTING FURRY ANIMALS! YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!

Much better.
You know, you make me laugh.
I will not deleted this

RazorClaw

Laughing causes you to get Excessive Compulsive Disorder, that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD that's ECD.