You all rock

Started by Firetooth, April 05, 2008, 04:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Playing valhall made me realise how much the players there suck compare to you guys! (Geting killed for land spreading on classic and prevented from winning cc by murders) You're all great!The admins who make the game the way it is, the mods who help to crack down on spammers (like me ::) ) and the players who help out others and make the game enjoyable!Even my enemies are cool since I would have no competition without them( dont get any ideas into your head just 'cause of that...)You all rock! ;)

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

wolf bite

Vallhall is one of the better other games out there. Sorry it went wrong for you. Happy to have you here.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Shadow

Gotta agree. Valhall community is awful.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Yeah, I got killed for doing something wrong I knew nothing about and shadow got killed. Death helped me out a little though. Both clan competitions ive been murdered ::)
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

ya redwall comunity rocks!  :)

I have to agree it does look better here than what I've seen/heard about valhall  :P

Firetooth

Oh yeah not forgetting Jiji helped me out a ton when I first joined valhall

Gorak

Valhall is a different sort of community
alot more aggressive play there
mostly because the games reset every month, so that last week, anything goes
many top notch players there so competition is stiff

however, the forum community is pretty well dead
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Death

I don't see how we suck when you're the one who finished like 20th. lol

Edit, for the record, DSS still would have won, they had waaay more net than the RWL clan.

Mawerick

Quote from: Firetooth on April 05, 2008, 04:02:18 PM
Playing valhall made me realise how much the players there suck compare to you guys! (Geting killed for land spreading on classic and prevented from winning cc by murders) You're all great!The admins who make the game the way it is, the mods who help to crack down on spammers (like me ::) ) and the players who help out others and make the game enjoyable!Even my enemies are cool since I would have no competition without them( dont get any ideas into your head just 'cause of that...)You all rock! ;)
Well well, what have we got here?

Keep some things in mind.....
1. At one point we had many 100 players.
2. The community of Valhall has just a few of the old timers left.
3. The admins is not making the code, the code is being made from input from the users. Valhall Classic Battle is a code that is very close to the old code that everyone loved to play over there.
4. The skill-level was high, which caused the average valhallplayer to rock in other games they participated in.

Sad to see that the impression is going down a lot when most of the old players isn't too active anymore. I am not that active atm, I just do the neccessary things, like making history, fixing bugs and reseting the games.

About the attitude over there:
- You have players that want to win and is willing to do everything (Even backstabbing allies).
- You have also players that want to spice up the games. And attacks whoever high in rank.
- You have players that want to make it hard for other that is doing much smack talk on the forum.
- You have players that kill just to kill. No real reason, they just kill for fun. (example, Nabata)
- Then you have players that tries to do their best.
- Many valhallplayers are grown up with landpassing. That's not good at all, but if something happens that they are not familar with, like landspreading, this will trigger the players to teach the spreaders a lesson.

You have some people that are getting nutpicked for everything there.
- Jiji, who likes him? Because of his history no one respects him, and do whatever they can to prevent him winning.
- Turks and serbs. Same reason as Jiji. They are just annoying. People don't want them to win. In my eyes they just spice up the game.

Etc etc...

One thing should be clear. Valhall is not what it once was, where the forum always was filled with talk. When I have some more time and motivation, I shall try to fix this, and get old players back. But right now I don't have the motivation and time for this. Not fun to use much time to find ideas when no one are showing interest for them. You see the problem?

A good thing is that SmashZ is on mood for coding atm. So, there will probably happen something over there soon or later. :P

Death

He's telling the truth. I'm actually a very nice and helpful player, but when the vets started leaving I got bored and started being an butt to everyone.

Firetooth

I never insulted anyones ability or the actual site. From my point of view valhall is actually a better site with better players. They just lack decent community. I find it strange that I get killed for land spreading but murders seem acceptable, yes? And killing players unprovoked just so you can win. Generally poor community.

Death

Like Gorak said, we've very aggressive. Thought it is worth mentioning that if you weren't clanned, I probably would have just STD'd you for one run then forgotten, clanning sends up a red flag, especially when coupled with something like landspreading.

But yeah, I kill Embezzlers too when they're clanned. It really was nothing personal, I think you're a pretty cool guy and I'd like to help you out, I just didn't know it was you the first time. lol

Peace Alliance

I think the main difference is that valhall is a community of gamers. The RWL community has a completely different attitude, and thats one of the reason's I've always stuck to RWL.

As for you guys having a hayday, we had ours too, and it was well over 100 players.

I think most people will agree, RWL is more then just a game.

Also, Jiji is hilarious. I hear a lot of bad things from valhall in general about arabs, serbs, and jiji. I think you guys are making a horrendous mistake. You're forgetting the cultural and linguistic barriers that divide other cultures from us. The internet requires an entirely new set of social rules, and a lot of people in this world haven't had a chance to adapt to them. And the fact that the social rules depend entirely on written language doesn't help either.

Firetooth

Yes I think people are unfair on Jiji, he's actually quite a cool guy. ;)

Quote from: Death on April 08, 2008, 12:58:51 PM
Like Gorak said, we've very aggressive. Thought it is worth mentioning that if you weren't clanned, I probably would have just STD'd you for one run then forgotten, clanning sends up a red flag, especially when coupled with something like landspreading.

But yeah, I kill Embezzlers too when they're clanned. It really was nothing personal, I think you're a pretty cool guy and I'd like to help you out, I just didn't know it was you the first time. lol
Thats ridiculios. Only once did I have a bounty here which I probarbly deserved. It wasn't about something as small as land spreading...
Yes I think people are unfair on Jiji, he's actually quite a cool guy. ;)

Quote from: Death on April 08, 2008, 12:58:51 PM

Thats ridiculios. Only once did I have a bounty here which I probarbly deserved. It wasn't about something as small as land spreading...

Death

That's a pretty lame assumption Peace. We dislike Jiji because he used multiple accounts for years, he's just a big joke to us. We don't even have any Arabs playing, and we dislike the Serbians and Turks because all they do is randomly Embezzle people even if they have little money, get 6 players to send everything they have to 1 person (and funny enough it only takes 1 Valhall player to top that net), and all kinds of other cheap underhanded things.

It has nothing to do with communication, they should all know better, Valhall is not a first Prom for a single one of those people.

And you can't tell me Jiji is a cool guy, I have my opinion of him and you have yours. I'm pretty much neutral when it comes to him anyways, I just don't like seeing him go to other sites pretending that he's some great player when he's just an average player who cheated for ages.