Hot Off The Press

Started by Wolf Snare, March 22, 2009, 03:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Wolf

Im pretty sure i took down Roselin Poisonblade and the big blob that much myself if not more. But sorry anyways it was nothing personal.

Firetooth

You know, once I was on 5k there was no point attacking me for land since there was plenty of others on more land...
Ya only attacked me once, which was for land, which I have no problem with. I'm mainly annoyed at lone wolf as I talked him into peace ::)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Marell

Quote from: Holby on April 13, 2009, 02:59:52 AM
Most of our current players forget just how amazing Wolf Bite is. It's just that he's been a sleeping giant for too long ;)

I joined after Wolf had retired, so only ever played with him while he was Wolfs Aid Sending Account.
I understand he is the greatest ever player, but as Shadow and I were saying before, can someone really know that much more about the game that they would be much/any better than the top 5 or 6 current players?

As I was saying, I don't know myself as I've never seen him play properly before, but I just feel that the skill level of several players has kinda levelled out at a maximum.

Firetooth

Also WB hasn't played seriously in years so he might be a bit rusty :o
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ashyra Nightwing

I agree with what Marell's saying - there's no 'best' player. But it would be good to see wolf bite playing again. And the wolf bite kids, what happened to them?

Marell

Yeah I'd love to see Wolf playing again too.
There were Wolf Bite kids?

Holby

Blood Wake and Sonoras.

I agree that everyone now knows everything, but being able to handle your own account is only half the trick. It's the little things that separate players, with organisation and teamwork the most important.
I will not deleted this

Night Wolf

Quote from: Firetooth on April 13, 2009, 05:53:41 AM
You know, once I was on 5k there was no point attacking me for land since there was plenty of others on more land...
Ya only attacked me once, which was for land, which I have no problem with. I'm mainly annoyed at lone wolf as I talked him into peace ::)

I AM Lone Wolf, and only my first set of attacks were for the land but the second set i was just trying to get leaders.

Firetooth

Yeah but you only captured once, plus I had very few leaders...
Anyway I don't think I'm using these forums anymore so message me ingame about it

Gen. Volkov

Lol theres a topic which rarely comes up in forum conversation. The best RWL player.
Personally I don't see any, or at least not enough difference in skill between top players such as Ereptor, Shadow, Snare etc....certainly not enough difference that you would qualify one as the best player at RWL. But perhaps some of them think otherwise?

I was talking about Wolf Bite, who I think is the best player here, for a number of reasons.

QuoteI think there comes a point where the only apparent difference in skill comes from circumstance. Once you know the code, you know it, and only opportunities like pre-scraped land or someone leavign themselves open can give you an edge.

I'd say Wolf Bite is still a step above even the elite players playing today.

QuoteAnd pfft to America's nukes, if you nuked me you would make everything north of florida uninhabitable anyway.

Not if I used the cleanest, lowest yield nuke I could. It'd be rather easy to take out your town with minimal fallout and damage to surrounding areas.

QuoteI joined after Wolf had retired, so only ever played with him while he was Wolfs Aid Sending Account.
I understand he is the greatest ever player, but as Shadow and I were saying before, can someone really know that much more about the game that they would be much/any better than the top 5 or 6 current players?

Anymore, wolf bite may be equal skill to the current top rung players, but as Holby said, he excels at organization, teamwork, and team building. The last time he played seriously though, he was still better than anyone else playing, just in pure skill.

As I was saying, I don't know myself as I've never seen him play properly before, but I just feel that the skill level of several players has kinda levelled out at a maximum.

It may have, it's been a few years, so other players may attained his level, and in the process maxed out what's it's possible to do in this game. But he still would likely have the edge in other areas of gameplay. I just remember the last time he played seriously, he was better than even the best players of the day.

I agree with what Marell's saying - there's no 'best' player. But it would be good to see wolf bite playing again. And the wolf bite kids, what happened to them?

It would be nice to see him playing again, but I'd still say that wolf bite is the best player here, and his kids are pretty dang good themselves. Blood Wake and Sonoras just kinda gradually stopped playing.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

cloud

I would love for just 1 round where all the elite players of the past would come back. It would truly be a battle for the God's.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Gen. Volkov

That'd be pretty fricking cool.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES