Health Issue

Started by Wolf Snare, July 20, 2007, 02:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

I didn't post this in bugs because I'm not sure if it is a bug.
As far as I can remember, the health loss per attack in Regular has allways been 6%. After about 5 minutes out of protection, I am certain each attack is costing me 2% health.

The Issues I have with this are as follows;

-The Regular server has, to me, always been more of a challenge than turbo. And it should be.

-As we all know, the new attacking system is bugged. Being able to gather all of the land in the server in /less/ than 50 turns, is ridiculous. 2% health per attack only adds to this problem.

-Before Reg seized up on the old server, There was alot of land in the game. People would struggle to gather it all in an entire run, health being one of the reasons why.

Although it may have annoyed people, I feel like it created some challenge. If someone can gather all of the land in few turns without health being an issue, there is no challenge. Afterall, Land = power.

-According to the original? Promisance code, an attack costs 6% health per attack.

-As I remember, Retto changed health from 6% to 2% for a certain turbo round. It never got switched back.

As far as turbo goes, I'm fine with it the way it is. 2% health per attack seems to suit the faster paced server, because turbo is more for fun than anything else.

In Regular however, it's more down to business. I'm sure everyone would agree that without health as an obstacle, no strategy for attacking is necessary.

So long as everyone agrees, I wish to purpose a change of health back to 6%. Many great players have made their names in regular, let us keep some challenge in it for the new ones to come.

Discuss, feedback and opinions please, especially those of you who have been here long enough to recognize the difference it makes.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

kell

yea i find it a bit to easy to run in reg so maybe snares right
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Gen. Volkov

Definitely back to 6%. I noticed that too.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

White Fang

The Lady Shael

Wasn't aware that Reg and Turbo differed in that. Back to 6% it is. =p
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Wolf Snare

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Alazar is Back

Yeah, Thanks Shael your almost always on top of everything! haha :wink:
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

kell

wow thats tough i shoulve run before agreeing to this
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Wolf Snare

I noticed a flaw in the health cahnge. When an attack is properly defended, the attacker loses 15% health! that seems way overboard to me. Didnt it used to be 8 or so?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

taekwondokid42

wow, never noticed that.

The Lady Shael

This has happened every time an attack has been defended? o.0
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Wolf Snare

well, I havent been defended by anyone other than fang that I remember, but each time I go from 100% to 85%
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Wolf Snare

Sorry for the double post. On closer inspection I believe it was because of the networth gap. I had desertions when I failed to break, therefore I think it cost 15% instead of 8%. without desertion it was 8%
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)