2 goals in 2 minutes doom Germany

Started by Deathclaw, July 04, 2006, 04:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathclaw

Grosso beat Lehmann with a great effort on 119 minutes, and Del Piero finished the rout on 120 minutes. Germany advance to the 3rd place game, and Italy will now play in Berlin on the ninth in the final. The match was a classic. German fans and players alike wept after the final whistle, and with due reason.

This was the first time for Germany to lose in Dortmund, playing there 15 times.

Both players played exceptionally well, and the scoreline doesn't really reflect the closeness of the match.

...and I won a bet on Italy, I have won 4 bets and lost 1 in this World Cup, twice picking under dogs and coming through with both.

Too bad I'm not old enough to bet on Ladbrokes or somewhere, or I would be making some serious cash.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

artu

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss go italy

Deathclaw

I say France win the World Cup. I would have taken Germany in a shootout vs. Italy, and I thought Germany would win if they made the final. But I won a bet on Italy so it's okay.

Tomorrow: France should beat Portugal 2-1 or something like that. France win the final, Germany take 3rd. Just my predictions. I wonder if Frings could have made a difference, had he not been suspended. He should never have thrown a punch, even if someone swung at him. It cost him and he should never have fought back when he had a semifinal to look forward to.
Glory, Glory, Man United!