Really needs to be fixed
5 (62.5%)
Leave it the way it is
2 (25%)
Dont touch it
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

The Obliterator

Well frankly im sick of attacking someone with 120k land and not even being able to take half of it breaking every time.
We really need make the variables smaller that affect how much difference there is.
Today Shadow had 120k land and i attacked 19 time breaking every single time this left me on 66k land and shadow on 76k land.
I would hazard a guess that this is not the way it is supposed to happen.
Any comments.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Juska

Personally,

Land gain should be a matter of the ratio of attacking troops vs. defending troops (and towers). While only the troop type you choose would decide if you "broke" the enemy the larger the your total attack vs. def ratio the greater land gain you would get, up to a certain point (so that huge empires couldn't totally smash you).

So, if base land gain is 5% (which it isn't, the RWL game code is still broken on land return FYI, returns are actually coded much smaller and less random than we see), like I was saying if base land gain was 5% and you have a 2:1 ratio the code could something like: land*(.05+(2*.08)) Cap the max at like 10% and the min at 2.5%.

More troops = More land you can literally occupy in one attack, makes sense to me.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

I think it would be a good thing have have a higher defense ratio lowering the land that can be taken from you. Hell, I've been trying to come up with an incentive for defending all the time, and that idea is perfect.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

I agree with shadow. Whilst I do not play defensive, it would make the game harder but more intresting.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Peace Alliance

I agree that it needs a small tweak. I would say minimizing the margin of min/max land you obtain would solve the problem.

the other fixes are cool, but would have huge ripple effects on the game. Might be neat to have a turbo round where attack and defense %'s effect land gains. Maybe even add that in with the recent round we had that used those ratio's. I felt like it wasn't important enough to bother with defense in the end, as my clan had the best but we still only did average overall.

kell

it is annoying taking 1k per attack from somebody with x10 times your land but that does have an up side normally you can start your next run with more land as shadow and his lockdown has shown (*grumbles about shadow under his breath)

Spaceman (#21)
Defenses 903 (6%)
Attacks 965 (94%)

Shadow (#14)
Defenses 972 (9%)
Attacks 1224 (93%)

The Obliterator (#15)
Defenses 1579 (6%)
Attacks 1590 (96%)

kell (#10)
Defenses 514 (4%)
Attacks 368 (93%)

just to note I haven't sent or recieved and aid and I'm doing fine, it's all about making the most of what you have at most i've made about 14-16runs normally on low land
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

The Obliterator

Tell me about it im the one who usually breaks shadow.
Mind you I got 7k land off him in one attack before however he was still on 93k land.
I didn't even get half his land.
But it only happenes with shadow no-one else.

Juska

Please don't even imply that somehow shadow is cheating to keep his land.

The truth is simple, he has high troops and leaders and randoms take pot shots at his huge land mass hoping they get lucky, that and players who can actually break him sometime don't do to health or they miss on the first attack, that all helps max his hit limit. He also plays quite often, so he manages to keep much more of his land.
Current Empires:

kell

think your not getting the point.
somebody has 150k+ land and your on 10k and break and only get 1-2k per attack is what this thread is all about
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Peace Alliance

Well i think that the low gains are in part because of his strong defences. I can't be sure it doesn't have something to do with the theme either, if people are still having the land gain issues next round I'll take a closer look at it.

Juska

If he has 150k land and you only take 1-2k in a successful attack it's because not all your groups broke him.

While the land code is pretty random it is plausible to get one or two returns like that in a row, but on average you will get over a 7% return.

If you have 1 land or 100k land it doesn't matter one bit in relation to how much land you get in a successful attack, your land only effects scouting.

No one has really even given proof of anything yet even.
Current Empires:

Shadow

2 possibilities:

1) Oblit has bad luck.
2) Something about the theme affects land gains. This is very unlikely, because as Oblit says, this only happens when he attacks me, and if it were a theme problem, it would happen globally.

All things being equal, I would guess that it is bad luck on Oblit's part. And considering that he is really the only one breaking with any regularity, there really is nothing to compare it to.

By virtue of being decent at scraping land, I often start with a lot of land, therefore I keep a lot when I am maxxed, whether you break me or not. Don't complain about that, it's just silly.

Any time something doesn't go someone's way and I am even remotely involved, I am always accused of doing something I shouldn't be. Bugger off. I'm doing nothing but playing my game that way I like to play it, and if you don't like it, do something about it, just don't whine when I stop being so passive about my defending.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

Today I broke shadow 9 times and took 52k land

He started at 235k and ended at 183k.

Approx. 5.7k land per break. Not every attack did I break with all groups.

Average of like 2.4% of his land per break scaling to 3.1%.

The largest return I got was ~10k, roughly 5%.

I used Rats. Lucky for shadow some noobsauce decided to murder him in the middle of my run, maxing him.  >:(

In comparison. I attacked Varxen #65 14 times.

Varxen started at 47k land and ended 27k land. Average return of 1.4k.

Avg returns of 2.9% scaling to 5.1%.

Highest return was 1963, roughly 5.1%.

I attain the difference in averages mainly to the fewer attacks done to shadow and the time when I did not break fully.

According to the QMT Promisance guide, guerilla strikes return up to 7% land gained. (I would of used RWL code here, but the game guide is lacking that info and I don't have the RWL source code, would enjoy a link)

Seeing as my return average is close to 3% I'd say the mean is pretty close what was intended, although as you can see I never hit 7%.

So that's what I have to say.
Current Empires:

Peace Alliance

But I've been told this isn't just an issue with oblit attack you, but it is global.

If it were some groups failing, i think he would notice it... Although if he just isn't noticing it it's a good answer

The Obliterator

No i make sure all groups break.
Anyway new round we'll see if it still happens