I need help

Started by Ringo the Communist, February 09, 2012, 04:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo the Communist

Ok, I really like this one guy, but I've never really had a relationship before. We're great friends now, but...I don't know if I'm ready! Should I tell him? What do I say? Help!

Blobfish

Make a video like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6laGvKtPZYQ

I totally promise they won't flee the country and put a restraining order on you.
Worship the mighty Blobfish

Quote from: Blobfish on May 01, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.59

Rights are for the weak.

Muse

Ha. With Liz, that's inevitable.
Wait, is this who I think it is?
OOOHHH MI GOOD GOD IT IS AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
You guys would make such a good couple...burning the world, chucking bombs in barns for fun.......
Stop! Don't touch me there,
this is my private square!

cloud

Quote from: Ringo the Communist on February 09, 2012, 04:52:50 PM
Ok, I really like this one guy, but I've never really had a relationship before. We're great friends now, but...I don't know if I'm ready! Should I tell him? What do I say? Help!

Just tell him, or write him a note or something. Make it kind of casual that way if he ends up not liking you it will minimize the awkwardness and you two can still be friends.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Muse

Sigh, that would be the ebst way, but a lot less funny for me....
Whatever, listen to cloud, the older guy with more experience with romance, over me, your friendly neighborly Muse.
As I always say,
WHAT COULD GO WRONG!?

cloud

I'm just talking from experience (I wasn't always the terrible person I am today). A long long time ago (when I was back in school) if I would make some extravagant gesture telling a friend that I liked her, and she ended up not feeling the same way we'd generally not be friends after that.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Muse

But if Ringo did your way where would the entertainment be for me?
But seriously, I know who she means and he's awesome. They are made for each other. In a combustible, lethal way.

Rakefur

that sounds slightly weird
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Peace Alliance

Well I don't think you guys should set anything on fire (except in a controlled setting).

Clouds right though, always best to get it out there. Even if they don't want to date you they will be flattered and feel happy.

Also, I'm old and married now, but every girlfriend I ever had was way too good for me. I was always shocked that they wanted to date me. So keep in mind that it's always worth a shot.

Ringo the Communist

Why does it seem like, from the guy's perspective, the girl's always to good, but we, I at least, have the opposite problem!
We were hanging out today and he kind of told me he thought I was beautiful. Then he knocked me off the hill we were sitting on. True story. Ruined my shirt.  :D
It's the accent. It kills them.

cloud

Quote from: Ringo the Communist on February 10, 2012, 02:05:55 PM
Why does it seem like, from the guy's perspective, the girl's always to good, but we, I at least, have the opposite problem!
We were hanging out today and he kind of told me he thought I was beautiful. Then he knocked me off the hill we were sitting on. True story. Ruined my shirt.  :D
It's the accent. It kills them.

I generally don't find that to be true, except in my current case. I've been too good for pretty much every one I've ever dated, but I've found certain aspects about them that I enjoyed enough to keep them around for some time, or the hope that they would improve as individuals.
-Kilk

Ringo the Communist

I love you cloud.  :D
Oh my God he just texted me asking if I had a second so he could call me! :D :D :D :D Be right back!

cloud

Quote from: Ringo the Communist on February 10, 2012, 02:11:03 PM
I love you cloud.  :D
Oh my God he just texted me asking if I had a second so he could call me! :D :D :D :D Be right back!

Goodluck. I've always found phone calls to be the most awkward way to express my feelings. There's no chance for pause like with texting, if there is it's awkward silence, and you can't express yourself the same way as in face to face conversation.
-Kilk

Ringo the Communist

Yeeesssssssssssssssssssss!
He told me he really liked me and asked me to prom! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
He said he was going to tell me tonight when we went to the movies with a few friends (Muse has to tag along  >:( ;)) but he can't go now and he really wanted to tell me.
I'm so happy right now!

cloud

Congrats, but if he's asking you to Prom he's clearly much older (unless your school does things differently) so be careful with that.
-Kilk