Spam

Started by , February 02, 2003, 08:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenne

You see? The last two posts could be considered SPAM. It's like post-warring, only with low post counts!

vertigosity

Mmmmh.... speaking of spam, boze :: I figured out why the iBoze inbox file keeps filling up and overquota-ing the server... it's got something to do with RWL's "turn.php" file.

The file contains several million messages, and they all read as such:
From boze@berlin.infodomadns.com Tue Mar 04 20:13:04 2003
Return-path:
Envelope-to: boze@berlin.infodomadns.com
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 20:13:04 -0500
Received: from boze by berlin.infodomadns.com with local (Exim 3.36 #1)
   id 18qNSv-0001Oi-00
   for boze@berlin.infodomadns.com; Tue, 04 Mar 2003 20:13:01 -0500
To: boze@berlin.infodomadns.com
Subject: Cron /boze/public_html/warlords/turns.php
X-Cron-Env:
X-Cron-Env:
X-Cron-Env:
X-Cron-Env:
Message-Id:
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 20:13:01 -0500

/bin/sh: /boze/public_html/warlords/turns.php: No such file or directory

unfortunatly, I don't know how this would be fixed, as I checked, and there most certainly is a turns.php file in that directory. since I haven't/don't actually play Warlords (yet), I don't know if this error is causing any problems with the game. I'm assuming that it sends one of these messages every time someone takes a turn, but like I said, as a nonparticipant I can't really say what it does.

however, it should be fairly safe for you to re-make that crontab job you were talking about to auto-del it, as it doesn't contain a single piece of the mail heading to your email or my email. that way, we won't have to go in and delete it every week.
You better make your face up in your favorite disguise. With your button down lips and your roller blind eyes. With your empty smile and your hungry heart. Feel the bile rising from your guilty past. With your nerves in tatters when the conchshell shatters and the hammers batter down the door. You'd better run.

You better sleep all day and run all night. Keep your dirty feelings deep inside. And if you're taking your girlfriend out tonight you'd better park the car well out of sight. Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks, they're gonna send you back to mother in a cardboard box.

user posted image

You better run.

Deathclaw

If they need computer help then me or my friend, who is also skilled with computers, could possibly help.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

vertigosity

heh. we fixed it. er, boze did actually. i think he owns me.
now I no longer have a legitimate use for having root FTP access in iBoze anymore. bah.
You better make your face up in your favorite disguise. With your button down lips and your roller blind eyes. With your empty smile and your hungry heart. Feel the bile rising from your guilty past. With your nerves in tatters when the conchshell shatters and the hammers batter down the door. You'd better run.

You better sleep all day and run all night. Keep your dirty feelings deep inside. And if you're taking your girlfriend out tonight you'd better park the car well out of sight. Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks, they're gonna send you back to mother in a cardboard box.

user posted image

You better run.

PlayStephen

I think it's a good idea to stop the spam! It serves no purpose except to spam up this message board! [I hope that this post is not considered as such! :blink:  
This message coming to you from your friendly vermin gang the Mangy Scuzzballs #555.

"With great power comes great responsibilty."

Menatus

It might be. Heh heh...things that have extremely bad punctuation/capitalization, are unrelated to the topic, or that are one word long, etc. are considered spam.

Abby The Rat

I'm still trying to work out, how the hell did you get a big total count without doing so many spamming.

~Goes into a deep think~
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Menatus

Profanity, Ad. Heh, I don't know. I'm just good like that.

*Spam*

Dead Eye

yo menatus don't you only have two more posts to go before the big 1k?
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Menatus

Not anymore! Mwahaha. Of course, I had to reach 1,000 late at night (not really, it's only 10:00...) when no one's on.

calria

I'm on! *twirls* rofl I love your new designation! Menatus the crazy... you should ad it to you sig.

Ad, I'm suprised at your language! ;)

Abby The Rat

Hmmm, oh H***, oops. I just let it slip, I was sleeply at the time of writing that, is was at what... ~thinks~ 1:00 am yep, ~Nods~
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

TSR

THe crontab is notifying you of the output of turns.php
To get rid of that, add this " 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null", exactly as it is, no space but the leading space, to the end of the working crontab. THis will stop notification.

RazorClaw

Errrr.... considering the title, this conversation probably shouldn't ensue.

calria

And yet, it does...

Does anyone else see the irony in admins in an anti-spam topic talking about something somewhat off topic about the server and whatnot? I find it highly ironic...