A victory against hackers and such

Started by Boze (Admin), February 27, 2003, 11:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boze (Admin)

A few weeks ago, I compiled a list of IP's that flagrantly disobeyed our TOS or hacked one of our game servers. I traced the IP's and discovered that a large number are proxies from Level 3 Communications. I contacted them and they sent me a response notifying me that they are currently investigating the matters and tracking down the culprits.

We are serious about these things. If you continue to disobey policy, I will personally take your first-born  :P .
That's me!

Germania 4

Gonna call the FBI to track down some cheaters?  :rolleyes:  

Boze (Admin)

Mmm... no. Private corporations don't particularly enjoy people using their servers as proxys. They actually seemed quite irritated... I didn't really ask them to do anything but they seemed quite serious about the whole situation. People seem to think that if you use a proxy you are safe.
That's me!

YAY....Now that everyone thinks RWL is safe, I can get back to my........

Menatus

Uh oh....I hope I don't get in trouble for using the same computers as my friend does, and he mine...O_o;;;

Germania 4

Quote from: AdminMmm... no. Private corporations don't particularly enjoy people using their servers as proxys. They actually seemed quite irritated... I didn't really ask them to do anything but they seemed quite serious about the whole situation. People seem to think that if you use a proxy you are safe.
Great, maybe they'll learn to configure them properly.

There could have been up to 10,000 people using their proxies so I wouldn't really worry about metallica and dre...