Which should we save?

Started by Muse, October 25, 2011, 05:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these should we save if we must choose?

Music
4 (40%)
Literature
6 (60%)
Sports
0 (0%)
Movies
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Muse

I just thought of this. If the world was going to lose either of these two, whether people were drifting away from music or no one was reading, which would yu attempt to save? I know this is kind of pointless, but you can learn a lot about someone through this.
Stop! Don't touch me there,
this is my private square!

Shadow

this really isn't ultramod material. Moved to polling.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Muse

Rakefur

I don't really know actually.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Muse

Whoever just voted, please explain why. I think lit because it really is free. No rules, no laws, just freedom.

Shadow

That is not true at all. Copyright laws apply to literature. Anyway, in what situation would this even be a real choice? ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Muse

I never said published. I write poems and stories like crazy because Im never embarressed or worried when I write. I can sa everything and anything.
This is completely hypothetical. This would almost certainly never would happen but its just fun to see what you would choose.

Uiblis

Why are you, like, spamming ultramod?

It's really for debates that you really and truly care about, not just some random opinion questionnaire board.

That's why it's ultramoderated.  :)

That being said, no material possessions are really free. At least if you live on Earth.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Muse

Ok I didnt mean monetary value. I meant no barriers. You can write what you please and no one will stop you.
What do you think?

Preußen

Literature. It has influenced history a lot more than the other four.

WORDS HAVE POWER

Durza

music - we will always revert back to literature, be it verbal(stories) or actual literature(books) in some way or another.
music however is losing out in many places especially school programs.  I myself prefer to do both actually, but music needs helpnot literature.

and before anyone points out Farenheit 451, i would like to point out that humanity just lost the physical literature not the verbal literature
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Gen. Volkov

Literature. The written word lasts for a long time. Everything else is transitory. Also, durza, the spoken word is not literature. Verbal stories are subject to change. A written story much less so.

We will always have music. Period. It needs no help to survive. People were making music when we were all living in caves, and we'll still be making music long after our civilization collapses and we go back to living in caves. What you are talking about is classical music, which is not the be all, end all of music. Literature, on the other hand, requires the ability to read. That is, historically, a pretty rare thing.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Durza

accepted volkov.  My mind just percieves questions differently and how i process what my answer is.
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Gen. Volkov

Oh, and one other thing, in order for everything else you mention to be transferable exactly from one generation to the next, you need writing. YOu write movie scripts, you write music, and you write the rules for sports. They aren't perhaps great works of literature, but they are writing.

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Dark Claws

By Literature, do you mean the "great" classics, or actual books. Because if it's the classics, you can burn them. But they live on through other things (movies, music, ect.) Old classics passed their way into our entertainment. Both it and music will survive. But I really hate Shakespear (and shut up about him making new words and redesigning plays and stuff, I get it). So I vote music.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant