How To Survive The Fortnight

Started by Misha, January 16, 2003, 06:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misha

Hey guys, I'm a reporter from that e-zine place Terrouge, and am currently working on a Redwall Warlords review/mini guide for our February issue. I've been trying to interview Boze, but haven't managed to get in touch with him... hmm...

Anyways, I'd like to ask you guys if you have any hints/tips/strategies that new members would find useful. What are the different economy archetypes? What is the most important building, and how should land be used? Stuff like that. Your answers may be used in publication, so by replying you give me permission to quote you. ^_^

By the way, I'm the Guard of Autumn (#905). Don't expect any serious threat from me by giving me this info. ^_~
"Of course I can do it. I'm a Gundam pilot, aren't I?
Guard of Autumn, #99
~*~Local Gaming Freak/Terrouger~*~

Menatus

I'm ranked #7, but my strategy sucks. Please, for the love of God, DO NOT listen to me!

Misha

Oh c'mon, it can't be that bad.
Guard of Autumn, #99

Menatus

Well, I'm getting more money when looting then I lose now...so you're right :P.

Build a lot of Markets. Most of your building should be based on markets. Then you should have a lot of camps, barracks, guard towers and foragers. Huts if you want a lot of leaders to espianoge, steal, attack through them, etc.

If you have too many troops for your own good, build camps. Attack people with a lot of land. Spread out your troops amounts, but base it one one thing a little more so you can attack with that one a lot.

Don't be a fox. Be a Wildcat or something. Having a Networth based on food can be dangerous (but it works, eh? ^_^).

And...maybe you should ask Orcrist for some better comments. He's smarter, he is #1 ya know.

~>John<~

dont' overdue it on the troops, or your economy sux. I should know, I'm ranked 16 and lose at least 2,800,00 per turn. I have to do some pretty tricky maneuvering. Anyway, when your fist starting out, Spend 25 turns exploring. build markets on all the land you just got.then do 75 turns exploring and do more barracks and stuff, but e sure to build about 250 huts. Note that huts can help you and kill you, For instance, Demolishing huts may help you do stuff like prepare raiders, that u could not do before because your huts were only 50% full.
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

You can quote wut i say if u want.

Wildcat has a good offensive and defensive bonus, but you will lose a lot of money as a wildcat. Try to build markets, tents, foragers and huts so that you get better economic stats. Also, build lots of camps so that you are always making money, and don't over do it with the barracks, because you don't want more soldiers than you can handle. As well, you must build guard towers by the thousands because you will need all teh defence points you can get. My strategy is to go defensive rather than offensive, and not make too many enemies. Sometimes joining clans is bad because you will be attacked a lot more.

If you need any more information, msg #910, Fury14!

Also, it helps to suck up to people ranked number 1-10.. :D  :D  :D  :D  

Deathclaw

Start off scouting 100 turns or more. Then build ALL barracks with the exception of some markets and foragers to keep your economy healthy. Once you have a lot of troops and need markets, demolish some of your barracks and attack. Make little to no enemies, especially strong ones. Gaurds also help an extreme amount. Build any you can.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

The Beatles

Do what Deathclaw does, suck up... :)

Um, well, the only real strategy is to start off by scouting for 100 turns. Next morning, take out a maximum loan in Cluny's Hut. Then, buy some food, and build 50% Barracks, and 50% Huts. You may deviate a little. In Army manage, write in the following values: 15-15-40-30, for the army percentages. That will make you a lot of money. Don't worry, you will lose money, food, and workers every turn. A lot. Maybe 4 million. But the only time you can afford building markets is when you're at rank 6-7. Get some good alliances, that's the most important. When you do stabilize, get more markets, tents, camps, and guards. Eventually, your guards and huts should take over your land, about 60-70% of it. Then, while you should sill have a lot of troops, you can actually have an income, and can use leader missions more. You will also have good defensive points. At that point, sit back and relax, nothing short of a player from the top 10 can knock you down.

~The Beatles

I carried that strategy to rank 4, and was knocked down by rank 1, because of a clan war.

Retto

By contrast, I'd reccomend to avoid loans at all costs. Base your power on something unique - building a lot of one troop type (or, if you're a stoat, getting a lot of leaders). Also, don't be ashamed to attack someone a lot. Many of the VUers like 3-attack-per-day thing. It doesn't work so well. Be friends with someone powerful, and let everyone know somehow.

Heh...and also be nice to people, don't say, "WHAT?!!? WHY U ATACK ME? I HATE U!" say, "hey, that attack really destroyed important stuff for me. Any chance you can take some of the profits you got from it, and give it to me so I can get by?"
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Trident

Foxes are a good race, not for attacks or defenses, but for other stuffs

General Austin

Another thing that helped me was to get a friend to come and play with you. That way you'll have a true ally, and the 2 of you can help each other up the ranks. They help ALOT later in the game. Mine was Orcrist, and look where he is now! lol
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

General Austin

Oh, yeah! NEVER try Marten. They're good, very good with money, but stink everywhere else. Lizard,Wildcat, or Weasel are the best. Foxes are okay, but only if you have no ability to make a good economy on your own. =o)
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Misha

What exactly is land fat? What buildings get you more networth than others, and what percentages of structures are good to have?
Guard of Autumn, #99

Holby

Land-fat is where (to my knowledge) a player has much more land than they need, and it is gained to boost up their networth.
The corrrect amount is said to be that 1 million networth equals 1 thousand land. Maximum, that is.

If you don't mind me asking, (and it hasn't been mentioned) why don't you talk to Delia? She was one of the best players in the game.
I will not deleted this