Online glitch

Started by Preußen, September 16, 2011, 11:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preußen

I've seen people offline, but they were in fact online...

Thus, I've been accused of onlining people when, to me, they were offline. Is there any reason for this?

Shadow Assassin

:) yea my brother got kinda angry at you.
I think if you dont refresh you page in 10 minuets it says you are offline, so my brother had gone on to reg but had left turbo up and then he came back and it said he was under attack.

windhound

Every 10 min (on the 0's) turns run and it marks everyone offline.
If you don't load a page the game doesn't know you're active

Always, always finish a run on one server before going to the other. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Uiblis

Quote from: windhound on September 17, 2011, 03:43:51 AM
Every 10 min (on the 0's) turns run and it marks everyone offline.

Sometimes annoying when you attack someone or are attacked right at the 10 min mark before you can refresh a page.

Of course it's necessary because otherwise someone could leave the page up on their computer and feasibly sit online for all of eternity.

Would it not be better if it was like the forums, where it counts the minutes from when you were last active, rather than every 10 minutes regardless of when you logged in?
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow

the scores drop-down counts time since last active doesn't it? Or does that reset every 10 min as well?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Uiblis

It resets every 10 minutes.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow

guess you're out of luck. Just send a message and wait a few mins. If they are inactive during a run, they deserve the onlining.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Preußen

Quote from: Shadow on September 17, 2011, 03:36:27 PM
guess you're out of luck. Just send a message and wait a few mins. If they are inactive during a run, they deserve the onlining.

I like how you phrased that. I'll just quote this whenever accused.