LoL vs. DotA2

Started by Preußen, September 21, 2011, 05:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preußen

When DotA2 comes out...which one would be more popular? I'm deciding which to download onto my new computer first once i get it

Rakefur

Edit: I just looked it up. Now I feel dumb.  :-[ You forgot the poll.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Preußen

LEague of LEgends and Defense of the Ancients

And yes, I did forget the poll. Does a mod mind adding it in for me :D

Etendue

Even though the DoTA (aka DOTA, as it's no longer Defense of the Ancients) 2 trailer completely violated my tolerance for inept game trailers, I'm putting my money behind it. Why? Well... ummm... First, it'll attract numerous players from the LoL and HoN (heroes of newearth) communities, as many of those people used to play DoTA online. Second, it'll probably also suck in those other LoL and HoN players who've read about it online, not the least because of Valve's crazy tournament. Third, the game is developed and produced by Valve. Let me repeat that, it's. being. made. by. VALVE GRAHHHH (if you don't already know, Valve's previous games have all been extremely good (esp. portal/hl2). So, Riot Games ( the developer of LoL) can't compete with the divine awesomeness of Valve. It's like pitting Bungie again Dead Mage (don't know this? that's the point...).

Yeah, so definetly DoTA 2, as long as it's free/under 20 bucks.

Why can't I stay away from this game?

"You're kidding me. Did you just stuff that Aperture Science Thing-We-Don't-Know-What-It-Does into an Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator?" ~GLaDOS

The Lady Shael

What about HoN? From what I've heard from my friends, DoTA > HoN > LoL. I actually have accounts on both HoN and LoL (TheLadyShael on both), but I really suck. =| If you happen to find me online, someone please teach me how to play.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Preußen

I'm terrible at it, lol. I'm decent, but not enough compared to other players xD

I haven't tried League or HoN yet

Etendue

Either way, HoN has a pretty nasty, newb bashing community. Though not nearly as bad as the original DoTA's community.

TheLadyShael is it? I'm a newb as well, but my friends are considered quite good, in any case better than I am. Maybe I'll see you online.

derailing the thread a bit here: Do any of you play tf2 or counter strike source?
Why can't I stay away from this game?

"You're kidding me. Did you just stuff that Aperture Science Thing-We-Don't-Know-What-It-Does into an Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator?" ~GLaDOS

Preußen

Etendue, you play Dota?

I usually never go online on bnet because of the newbie bashing. i am not infallible, and being noob, i make mistakes. a lot

I've tried counterstrike before. it's pretty fun
Didn't they get rid of zombie mode in it, though?