War Status Set

Started by windhound, September 06, 2012, 11:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

Both clans have set each other to war, emps de-protection'd

Have at it
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Death

This is FaF Duels all over again.

Okay so now that war status is set, what exactly is the goal here? To kill the other clan, kill their emp, outnet them?

Shadow

kill the emp is usually the goal, and after that it's just a netting game with everyone at war.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Death

what if one side outnets the other, but the other still has a living emp? Just trying to figure out how exactly a winner is determined.

Shadow

It's never happened that way before^_^

Round winner is based on net, though, so it would go to whoever tops the immortalization.

Shadow

Come to think of it, the storehouse is going to make emp kills really difficult.

Shoot

I've noticed a good deal of fire went inactive, causing a big imbalance in numbers. As a side effect, the land ends up getting trapped on ice members with very few people from fire taking it, and the land farm is subject to hit limits making land drop to pass land around impractical. To me, that just doesn't seem fun to either side. I wasn't trying to lock land at all, but held the land for 12 hours until i eventually dropped some when the land farm was able to be attacked the full 21x.

Is it possible if I kill my warlord in ice clan that I can end up being restarted in fire clan to help try to balance the numbers out a bit? I'm not sure how the coding works on this.

(Nothing personal against Ice, you're all great, but I don't find much fun in dominating given the situation. I'm just trying to make it more fun for everyone involved ;) )

Shadow

I think the game controls for hopping like that, you will probably end up back in Ice.

Shoot

I'll try it out, if nothing else I'll at least get the race switch I was planning to do anyway lol

Sevz

Ice is solid, playing strategically to drown out the other clan. Looks like we overpowered them and without Ryu things for them are painful.

Simple solution, put the landfarm in a clan and set it to war like usual ;) saves half the ice team going inactive like fire did.

Also, killing the emperors are gonna be near impossible unless more land comes into the game and someone takes their leaders out first with murders then sabotages to low health. Unlikely that'll happen til near the end of the round.

Clan the farm Windy thanks bro
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Death

Quote from: Sevz on September 10, 2012, 11:10:09 AM

Also, killing the emperors are gonna be near impossible
LOOK AT US NOW, MOMMA

Shadow

There was a land glitch that allowed leaders to be taken without taking land. I fixed it as soon as I heard about it, but it allowed sabotages where I didn't really expect it to be possible.

There's always something.

(Note to self and windy for future sets: when setting up emperors, always fix land glitch or the game thinks they have 250 land).

PhoenixOfPanem

And... we have killed the emp!
Quote from: PhoenixOfPanem
As the only member of RWL (as is currently known) to be of the same mindset, I formally declare allegiance to the Democratic Republic of Spammania.
**NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING MODERATORS CHANGE IN MY POSTS**
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II link=topic=16923.msg356616#msg356616
No, I have failed

Death

Wait wait, we were able to kill the Fire emperor because of a glitch? Screw that noise, restore it so we can do it again the right way.