Last Word

Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2004, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Durza

Nice.  We had Steven Colbert a couple years ago

Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Krowdon

There's no tix being sold since it's a free event for students, so I'm going to have to stake out a spot early. Good thing my classes are done by noon that day.

Quote from: Durza on March 19, 2015, 03:45:13 PM
Nice.  We had Steven Colbert a couple years ago

ah that's cool! Did you go see him?

We had Jane Goodall last semester and I got to go meet her.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Krowdon

Since Reg the server reset, I've not deleted one message in my inbox or anything from my news feed. I still have the welcome message from when I signed up after the reset lmao.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Durza

Nah, there were some logistics issues and they had to reschedule the event.
Question Mark (?)

Krowdon

I had the best time at the Renaissance Festival today. My friend also got me some leather bracers as like a late birthday gift, and they're awesome.

Also my laptop charger broke so now I need a new one and have to do all this junk on my phone.

Durza

The charger as a whole or the charger port?
Question Mark (?)

windhound

Prolly just the charger itself, check Amazon/eBay Krowdon.
Though avoid some of the super sketchy ones...  they're all made in China, but some of the crazy cheap ones are also actually dangerous to use. 
If you're lucky you can find another OEM one. 
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

windhound

Wait, didn't you just buy a computer? 

Krowdon

Quote from: windhound on March 21, 2015, 10:35:30 PM

Yeah, about a year ago. The computer is totally fine, but it's one of those dumb apple chargers because I have a mac, and the charger broke. So I got a new one from best buy.

Durza

I ask because I have friends who have had both fail
Question Mark (?)

windhound

Quote from: Krowdon on March 22, 2015, 03:07:09 AM

Yeah, about a year ago. The computer is totally fine, but it's one of those dumb apple chargers because I have a mac, and the charger broke. So I got a new one from best buy.

Got an Apple store nearby?  I'd still try to swap out the old one, esp if it failed on it's own.  Power supplies should last longer than a year.  If no Apple store, consider calling them.  Worst they can do is say no. 
Now, if you killed it by letting the stupid electronics at the end of the plug get wet (or otherwise)...  /shrug.  Still might be worth a shot. 

windhound

Quote from: Durza on March 22, 2015, 07:03:30 PM
I ask because I have friends who have had both fail

Fair enough. 
Most of the times it's the adapter though
Having the port itself fail sucks, annoying repair to do. 

Krowdon

Quote from: windhound on March 22, 2015, 10:13:02 PM
Quote from: Krowdon on March 22, 2015, 03:07:09 AM

Got an Apple store nearby?  I'd still try to swap out the old one, esp if it failed on it's own.  Power supplies should last longer than a year.  If no Apple store, consider calling them.  Worst they can do is say no. 
Now, if you killed it by letting the stupid electronics at the end of the plug get wet (or otherwise)...  /shrug.  Still might be worth a shot.

The cord ripped. :c

I had the extension on, and the extension cord part is fine but the other part got caught on something and the cover on the wire ripped and some of the wires inside frayed or w/e and so I just taped it up but it stopped working on me.

We went to the apple store and bought me a new one earlier!

Krowdon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE

this stupid song has been stuck in my head for the past week.