Storehouse

Started by Shadow, July 28, 2012, 10:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

This round's theme has been long in the works in my head and that of many others. Thanks to everyone who contributed ideas. If it is popular, it may become a regular feature. So do let us know what you think.

This theme is clan storehouse, but with several twists.

You can deposit both troops and resources into the store up to a max determined by the total net of your clan. You need at least two members to deposit or receive benefits from the storehouse.

Withdrawals are a bit different. You cannot withdraw directly - instead, it comes from how you play. If you are in the red for cash or food, the storehouse will compensate your losses up to 50% (percent determined by the leader of your clan). When you attack people, some of your losses (up to 50% again) are compensated from the clan army.

When you defend, some of your losses are compensated. The exact percentage is determined by your land total compared to the average - if you are getting killed, the storehouse pays out very quickly to reinforce your losses, whereas you get not much if you are high on land.

The base payout percentage is determined by your leader.

I hope this is fun, and not abusable. If you see abuse potential or have suggestions for improvement, please let me know.

Have a fun round!
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

Interested to see how it works out. I like the idea of it, but I was hoping there would be a release date for the storehouse with interest etc..

Ofc new ideas are always cool, and I'd love to try it. I hope there are at least as many people playing as last round, it will be more fun that way. I can't play this round until I buy a new mac, my laptop screen mysteriously cracked when I moved, and it's now substantially slower and has massive black splotches across the screen. A run now takes me over an hour, ask ryu or sevz. ^_^

I will sign up and poke around trying to find exploits. At that time I will decide if I should run with it, or report them.

;)
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Having the storehouse collect interest is not a bad idea, I may add that next round if things work out. But no withdrawals directly - hidden net is just abusable if you can access it freely.

Sharptooh

Sounds awesome :) can't wait to try this out!

Death

So it's like a clan treasury some other games have had, except with some twists and different functionality. That sounds kind of cool. And I see no mention of the ability to use it for infinite aid within a clan like at other places so that is also nice.

Shadow

Yea, you can't use it to move net around the clan. It's more of a buffer for mistakes, and a way to help "automate" coordinating as a team.

Sharptooh

Quick question, is the share troop functionality still part of clans or has it been removed as this pretty much improves/replaces it (I never understood exactly how share troops worked)?

Shadow

share troops is still there, but frankly I have no idea if it works. Will probably take it out at some point, but it does no harm in the meantime.