Clan Competition

Started by Mawerick, February 03, 2006, 08:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloud

why do you think standard attacks are so damaging? there are a lot better ways to screw people up.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Wolf Snare

He learned that first hand when we unloaded our FB's on them all.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Mawerick

Quote from: cloud on March 15, 2006, 05:32:39 PM
why do you think standard attacks are so damaging? there are a lot better ways to screw people up.
Fireballs works very well on indies without shield, and don't cost much to take. Very devestating. STD attacks are very damaging, but they cost a lot. You need much troops and you will lose much troops. But the best thing with STD attacks is the feeling when you STD attack someone to oblivion. ;) If you can afford to STD attack a lot and still be very dominating, then you have much power. And that discourage people from keeping troops.

cloud

std's are weak in rwl, so that's why I don't have a high opinion of them. Sacking, driving and leader attacks wreak much more havoc.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

windhound

...if rwl still needs a forum for this its welcome to use my temp board again (created for the time between the ipb and this smf).. 
I'm lazy and never took it down, its not hurting anything..  if yes I'll create a secure area in it..

standard attacks can do quite a bit of damage, but take a fair toll on the attacker as well..  it depends on how bad you dislike the person you're attacking..
fireball etc. only costs mana and doesnt effect the attacker, so it would seem preferred...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

cheeseanpickle

STD attacks are good for indys...you smash what troops they opposition has and leave them on low lands....thats why i like em...

there are ways to wage wars...mages spells...indys attack...

Gorak

hello, I'm the one hittin you to low lands in cc
I do it cause of the ridiculous fbs against me and my clan, i'll continue to std you below 2k land every time one of you fbs one of us,

by the way, I still make net when I std you, so I don't mind the losses

hence we still have 10 times your net  8-)

keep up with the fbs and I'll keep up with stdin you all outta top 20
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

wolf bite

This is rather funny when you think about it. You threaten to attack us down to 2K of land if we don?t stop the FB attacks.

But the DVOL and the TAB clan kept attacking us down to 2,000 to 3,000 land when avoiding other clans that had more land BEFORE we started attacking. Thus the reason we attacked.

So let me think about this for a moment. If we keep attacking you then you will attack us to low land. If we stop attacking you it will go back to how it was before with you attacking us to low land.

Decisions - Decisions. Let us think about this.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

cloud

I cant wait to [poop] kick you worthless nubz
-Kilk

Gen. Volkov

Thank you so much. I now have the leader ratio to destroy the entire game. Please, do keep attacking us for FB's, I'll enjoy it muchly. *Evil cackle*

Oh and wondy, that'd be great, because I canna get mine to work.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gorak

you claim we were overhitting you to start, we only went after lands, if you had lands, you got hit, didn't matter what clan you were in. Lately, I have been hitting only RWL, simply in retaliation.

but

Have it your way,
we can adjust to netgain under continual fb's easy enough, we can also std you and net at same time.

what happens next is up to you

I'll leave the rest of the talking to the clan leadership

Gen. Volkov

I'm assuming you are #35? Well what I did was paltry compared to what I could have sent your way. And we can net when fighting too. So be prepared. Next time you see murders, the list will be alot bigger. Let's see how you "adjust" to having nothing at all.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

Slow down a bit boys. There are always ways to talk things out.

But then Gorak, I don't see any talk comming to my in game mail box from your clan.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Gorak

I was hoping the leadership was taking care of that

if not, then I can speak and relay

we're open to talk before this escalates to a full blown war
just don't expect us to sit back and let you fb the crap outta us and not retaliate

ps. the spell check in the forums here is a really nice touch

EDIT: I finally read this whole thread, and based on what I've found in the news and what was written here, I have a feeling Utopia  is playing us against each other to make way for his TAB noobs. but I could be wrong

wolf bite

Our leader has limited access to his computer for the last day so as assistant I am standing in for him. I have sent mail to Simpletons (35), which is who I think you are, and to your leader. I have received no reply. I would have rather done this in mail, but since you opened the door here, lets go.

The situation: It took a 10 days to even get our players signed up for the game, so we had a late start on a game that we don?t know well. Most of our guys were playing indy type strategies attacking only for the best land and targeting no one.  As soon as some of us got into the top ten ranks, we found that the attacks against us became Standard attacks and we were wiped down to lower land as other better targets were left alone. This was clearly an attempt to harm. If playing against someone trying to harm, then we play trying to harm as the other clans gain power. The best strategy to use is the one most counter to your enemy. Thus many of us switched to strategies that do better in low land, mages.

Understand that here at RWL we play a game called Turbo that has extreme different sitting each month. This month it is no mages. This forces our players to use and adjust to different strategies each month. Therefore all our players have played all strategies and are good at them.

What you don?t understand, and maybe I should not be telling you, is that your standard attacks designed to harm us no longer does any damage. Our armies are small so the loss of men is more harmful to you then us. Lowering mages to low land supper powers our mages and costs us less loyalty to us them. We are thankful for your attacks at this point.

I can?t control some grudges that may have been created. But it makes a lot more sense if both clans act in their best interest in gaining strength then harming. We are simply retaliating for your clan(s) actions.

Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite