Dream Feature

Started by Shadow, March 19, 2013, 09:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

If I were to code a new feature into the game tomorrow, what would make you most excited to see?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shoot

Either a higher/revamped hit limit (as mentioned on my thread in the development forum), or at least bring back attack opportunity. 21 hits is too little for turbo.

Jaffar

Well, I have always wanted a way to buff individual troops stats.  Like maybe increase rats defense by 0.5

Some kind of progression on the player's empire besides resources or troops at hand/ in market.

Maybe a mastery feature where attacking successfully with a troop, and causing significant losses to the opponent gives exp, and a full lvl up would increase the parameter's of a troop type. And options on what to increase would be great as well. Something to honestly, increase and reward activity.  Or even make workers, leaders, or mission attacks more productive. A list of skills to choose from and customize the play-style of the player. 

Gen. Volkov

A region, like mossflower, northlands, etc, that gives a boost to two different areas instead of just one.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Drakus

Either protectorates or a special tax that comes with declaring war on another clan (due to the extremely high benefits associated with it).
meow

little1911guy

A way for the actual warlord to go in and do a bit of fighting might be nice.  They would only have the option of fighting if their health is above 20% (they would loose 20% if the attack was not successful), and if the attack is successful, it would only cost 10% of their health.  Using the warlord for the attack would allow 50% more land to be taken during the attack.

Firetooth

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=13970.0

Though you'd need somebody to do the graphical stuff for the badges, I can't imagine it would be that difficult to add in.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Achievements might be a nice summer project. It would be a pretty big thing, would need its own DB.

In line with Jaffar's idea, I had an idea a while ago for a capital city that players build up over time, unlocking new upgrades and such as they go. We could add upkeep for the capital, an missions to damage enemy capital/build up your own. Again, a fairly large project, but it might be worth it.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

If you need any ideas for achievements, there's a thread somewhere in the development board.

I think a capital city is actually a really neat idea. Maybe you have to upgrade it to a certain point before you can build another city, to limit city abuse?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Drakus

I think that upgrades would make the game too in-depth and complex. Good games aren't merely adding random features; I got bored of a game called battle nations because It introduced too much random crap into the game.

Simplicity makes this game what it is. The reason I love this game is that the players decide the flow of the game, not the admins who introduce new features and stuff.
meow