Market Change

Started by Genevieve, May 28, 2011, 07:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genevieve

I know that, seeing as I was the one who apparently exploited a market "bug" last round, this might not have much weight.

But imo, this change has caused more problems than it's fixed. 12 hours before the reset, I have no idea if Volkov has taken off everything he had on the market or added more.

Sharptooh

Can you refresh my mind on the market 0_o

How does it actually work / what's wrong with it and was anything changed

Wasn't is that if you already had say 5000 rats at £500 on the market, you could add another however many rats without any waiting period?

*is confused*

Shadow

Yea, there is a waiting period no matter what now.

I don't think I understand the problem.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Holby

Well, there was no problem to begin with. It was all a beat up.

Now, you can effectively hide what you have on the market by putting just a little bit more on there every couple of hours.
I will not deleted this

Shadow

when we make the planned market changes, it will no longer be a storehouse anyway.

Holby

that's a good point, actually.

MARKET CHANGES FTW.
I will not deleted this

Genevieve

Quote from: Sharptooh on May 28, 2011, 09:03:32 AM
Can you refresh my mind on the market 0_o

How does it actually work / what's wrong with it and was anything changed

Wasn't is that if you already had say 5000 rats at £500 on the market, you could add another however many rats without any waiting period?

*is confused*

Quote from: Shadow on May 28, 2011, 09:11:45 AM
Yea, there is a waiting period no matter what now.

I don't think I understand the problem.

Right, when you add stuff to your first *$500 rats, ALL your $500 rats disappear for 6 hours.

Kilkenne

Unless you are a hero who builds camps.

Everyone build a camp. You will then be a hero.

Shadow

Oh right. Yes, a bit of an overzealous fix to the original problem. I signed off on it originally, but you're right that it is a bit abusable. If the timeline for market changes is very large then I will talk to shael about fixing it in the meantime when she gets back. Otherwise we might as well just get the other changes done and not worry about it in the short term.

Abby The Rat

What was the previous exploit and how could it be exploited?
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Shadow

if you had units existing on the market and sold more for the same price, there was no delay and they just mixed with the ones on the market instantly. Clans last round were using it to "aid" each other via the market.

Of course, this really didn't fix that, just made it take a bit longer.

Abby The Rat

If I understand correctly, the normal aid feature is delayed and clans are using the market to aid faster?

Shadow

no, it's that last round clans were forced to war so they they could not aid each other, but were using the market to do it anyway.

Abby The Rat

Ok, instead of a delay on putting stuff onto the market, create a delay on removing stuff from the market, the larger the stuff you buy, the more there is a delay, and treat each purchase as a one group travelling, linear, and have aiding without delay.

Another way, one I'm not too keen on but it'll work is to set a min and max value based on the normal value of the troops.. or an market average and only allow an increase or decrease of a certain percentage.

Kilkenne

I like the idea of only being able to add a certain percentage. Maybe if you could only add +50% to your troops to make them "reset" the value, it'd help the situation and re-balance it.