Why?

Started by Gen. Volkov, June 10, 2009, 04:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Why the is person in first place in reg in protection? Is someone really pulling that SAME stunt AGAIN? Can't we PLEASE get the vacation function fixed so it can't be abused?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Daryn

really?
vacation abuse is when you vacation to protect ur net rite?
Pies.

Shadow

Yeah, but since there isn't really a war on it is unlikely that they are on vacation for defense purposes, unless there is something going on that I'm unaware of.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gorak

nothing goin on that I know about
but still
a post or something to clarify woulda been nice
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Juska

Cloud had to go away, seeing as he is kind of deployed right now he can't always get on the internet. Also, he is in inactive protection so he let himself be unprotected for 5 days or w/e the limit is, so come on.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gen. Volkov

OK, fair enough then, still, a post warning us woulda been nice.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Gorak

Quote from: Juska on June 10, 2009, 07:37:20 PM
Cloud had to go away, seeing as he is kind of deployed right now he can't always get on the internet. Also, he is in inactive protection so he let himself be unprotected for 5 days or w/e the limit is, so come on.

didn't say the post had to be by him

windhound

Why should he mention it at all?
Why is it the whole game's business when someone comes and goes?  This is not Twitter.  And this is not Elementary School.  You do not have to ask for permission to go to the bathroom.
Why is it now immediately considered cheating if you go on vacation?

Come on yall, this is getting really annoying.  I'm pretty sure Cloud had that chunk of net for quite some time before he idled out with it.

Also, it is Summer time for most of us.  A time of constant comings and goings, some planned and some unplanned.  People -are- going to set the accounts in vacation mode or idle out over the next few months.  Its just going to happen, and I really dont want to see one of these topics for every one of them, even if they do have some net when they go.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

cloud

I couldn't post because of OPSEC (operation security). We were moving from one FOB to Another. My internet access is very limited right now, and will most likely become more limited in the future. In the next couple of days I will decide whether or not I'll be able to keep up some decent type of activity or not, and if I'll still be able to play anymore. Sorry that my deployment gave all of you such an inconvenience.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Gen. Volkov

He didn't necessarily have to warn us himself, but given recent happenings, it would have been nice for someone to have told us that the #1 guy was about to go on vacation, so that we didn't jump to conclusions. Windy, you can't really be so blind that you can't see how someone might see this as a repeat of what others have already done. There is a difference between having "some net" and having the MOST net when you go on vaca. Given recent abuses of the vacation function, it's only natural that people would be suspicious when yet ANOTHER account that is in 1st place goes on vaca.

Cloud, you couldn't even have said "my account is going on vacation, sorry, I'll explain later"?

Gorak

Take your Midol Windy.
we're just saying someone coulda posted, hey, Cloud is busy doing other things and idled out.
that's all

Wolf Snare

Easy Gorak, unneccissary crap is not appreciated. I admit it would have been convenient to give notice, and we know for next time. Let's not have a hissy fit, windy brought forth good points.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

I'm with snare.

By the way, the insinuation that windy is menstruating, and thus saying things that aren't correct, is a personal attack... something you know shouldn't be happening on the forums. It's also something my ex girlfriend would have kicked you for. This is a warning.

Daryn

u have an ex-gf?
Pies.

Juska

Quote from: Daryn on June 12, 2009, 08:39:04 PM
u have an ex-gf?

Lol.

Is that so hard to believe Daryn?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19