Why isn't the emp unmaxing?

Started by Gen. Volkov, May 10, 2014, 08:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

No one has hit him since I did yesterday, but he's still maxed.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

im moving to a new apartment this weekend so I am mostly without internet, but if windy can't get to this before me I'll investigate on tuesday when the internet is back
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Will try to poke the emp this evening
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

The emp now has 4 attacks available, but hasn't been hit since Friday, as far as I can tell.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

windhound

Interesting.

The code that runs that is pretty simple, turns.php shaves off 2 attacks each hour
dbquery("UPDATE $playerdb SET attacks=(attacks-2) WHERE attacks>0;");
dbquery("UPDATE $playerdb SET attacks=0 WHERE attacks > $theme[attack_limit] OR attacks < 0;");

Buut its not working?
turns.php is running, just made sure, but I don't know if its actually subtracting from attacks like its supposed to (showing 19 when I checked).  Server time used to be on the scores page but its not anymore :/ so I don't know for sure what time the server thinks it is.

Reset the emp's attacks to 0 for now, let me know if it screws up again.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Gen. Volkov

Ok, I ran this morning and maxed the emp. It's been about 6 hours, and he's still maxed.

Shadow

is the same thing happening to anyone else? what about the land farm?

Gen. Volkov

I think I may be the most active person on Turbo right now, which is why only I am noticing, but the emp is still maxed today, and no one has hit him since yesterday. He only had 20 open attacks when I hit him yesterday.

Shadow

blarg

never happened before the 28th - I wonder if there is a piece of autoreset code hanging around messings things up.

Gen. Volkov

Could be, he was at 8 attacks last time I checked, hadn't been hit since Sunday.

Gen. Volkov

Now the land farm is not unmaxing. He has been maxed since Friday, and there have been 4 attacks on him since then.

The Lady Shael

I'll take a look.

[edit] I'm not sure if there's a bug... I did some testing (and it's possible I missed something) but it looks like the attacks are going down by 2 every day as intended.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

Well, he unmaxed now, but he wasn't unmaxing the rest of the weekend.

The Lady Shael

He must have been, if there were 4 attacks on him since Friday, and Friday was two days ago.

How come attack opportunity was removed? Seems like that could avoid this situation.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.