Zizou plays on, champions defeated

Started by Deathclaw, July 01, 2006, 05:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathclaw

Zinedine Zidane's playing career will last at least 2 more matches. He captained today's France side who won 1-nil, assisting in Arsenal skipper Thierry Henry's goal. France will face today's penalty winner Portugal in the semifinal, and will advance either to the final or the 3rd place match.

My predictions: Germany 2 - 1 Italy and France 2 - 0 Portugal. Germany wins the final and Portugal claims third place.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Wolf Snare

I hate Zidane. Curse him and his bald spot.  :cry:

anyways, good on them for beating out brazil. Your predictions are somewhat realistic, Now that England is done I'm rooting for Germany to win.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Deathclaw

Quote from: Wolf Snare on July 01, 2006, 06:21:22 PM
I hate Zidane. Curse him and his bald spot.? :cry:

anyways, good on them for beating out brazil. Your predictions are somewhat realistic, Now that England is done I'm rooting for Germany to win.

I don't mind Zidane but I'm glad France are doing well, I think he deserves a good ending to his career. I made bets on Portugal and France. And I have France in the semifinal, but the other guy has Germany only because I had to give him one of the basically sure fire wins. And then I will base who I want to bet on in the final based on the semifinal performances and if there are any suspensions/injuries. I'm winning the overall bet 3-1, so it looks like I should win the entire thing, and my friend will be shaving his legs if he loses lol.
Glory, Glory, Man United!