Reg forum!

Started by Kilkenne, December 13, 2004, 08:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenne

My first decree rang out. I asked that a seperate forum for the Reg server be made...

This should help un-clutter the GD, and make it just a Discussion forum, not Reg/Anything Discussion forum.

Cheers.

Gen. Volkov

*Nod* Yes Kilk. I like. Very good mister President... now if you could just work on the underline thing, I would be much appreciative....
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

Hehe. ^_^ Tough decision when it's his in-character girlfriend who made the change in the first place. Not like that'll actually affect anything. But I'm still open to your comments. You still have yet to convince me.

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

LOL. YES IT WILL! It will affect everything! The pres will demonstrate his power! Open to my comments hah. After all the stuff in the the topic Peace made and you're still not convinced? Fine. How about this. The underlines are an intergral part of what makes the RWL boards the RWL boards, they let you know when something is a link. So instead of having to remember the exact spelling of someones name, you can just click on it, and id its underlined, you know it will take you to their info page. Without the underlines that surety is gone! MY orderly RWL world is plunged into chaos and abandon! Oh woe is me and my apathetic lazy self! How will I ever message anyone with the surety I used to? I 'm too lazy to spell it out, and now I can't be sure that the link exists! You have ruined my rational orderly view of the world!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

RazorClaw

Kilk, I'm sad to say that I will not support an organization that is for or neutral with these underlines. windy/Peace have my vote if you support your girlfriend! w00t! Names have survived the underlining too! "RazorClaw" "Gen. Volkov"

windhound

aaarg
*kicks razor and volkov*
quite underlining
I cant read that without getting a headache right now..  so I'm not going to bother..  not like it says anything anyways eh?  ;)
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

*Snickers* Bwhaha! I'll keep doing it until the underlines are brought back! My posts are always full of meaning! How dare you insult them like that!

The Lady Shael

If the point you're trying to get at is that the links are now unnoticeable, that's not a good enough reason. For example, it's not terribly hard to guess which words in this sentence make a link. If you think it will be confused with gray text...there you go. If you are unsure, put your mouse over it and all will be revealed!

Some underlines make things hard or troublesome to read. The forums look cleaner, I think. Sure, it feels like something's missing, but it feels like you have extra space to move around in. You want organization back, but it's hard enough to keep RWL organized, underlines or not. ^_^
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Oscar The Great

Go underlines if you use them for the whole sentence they can become eye sore but they look kool if you want to point something out or you got a short sentence .EG:

Nice hairdoo Mr Wilamis!

but

hellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellohellloghh;hj
can be annoying

[edit: You murdered my horizontal scrollbar. ~Shael]
I am Oscar and I am in the Mystic clan my Empire s called Bladefang and is 536 in ordinary game
Prepare fore the faces
^-^ *-* #-# =) =( =$ =I

Holby

I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

Now guys, as the self-appointed leader if the BBU i would like to add some discression, as much as i want underlines back lets not start spamming other topics. this topic is CLEARLY here so that we can question kilks personal relationship with the RWL administration!

Holby

SOMEONE's been...

ROFL
I will not deleted this

windhound

*twitch*
Oscar, edit that thing..  its screwing around with screen width..  

Peace, Holby..  bleah..  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Yeah seriously Oscar. Underlines can be annoying, but EVERYONE hates sideways scroll things. I'm not spamming! My post was perfectly on topic! But if you wish to question kilks relation ships with the administration... fine.

*Shoves microphone in kilk's face*
So Mr. Ragingblade what do you have to say to these allegations leveled upon you by Mr. Alliance?

Vengerak

You can't rely on Kilk to stand up to the wife.  When he's not off leaving her to worry as to his wherabouts for days on end he's lying content in a pool of lubricant.