Blustery

Started by wolf bite, October 22, 2007, 07:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Blustery

I hear the wind blowing.  Not just because tiles are flying off my roof, but because of regular taking off.

Regular has been going down constantly in members for the longest time.  We were even down to only 15 at one time counting those in protection.  Your friendly admins got all excited when we picked up to 30!  But now we are at 41 and growing.  It seems that few new people are leaving and are giving the game a chance because of the tips the older people are giving them.  Also a few old faces have showed back up to show their support.

A storm is surly blowing ?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Wolf Snare

ahh. about that.... could I get revived please? last time I promise.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

wolf bite

Did that the other day.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

The Lady Shael

Shael likes. =D

The more active the game is, the more I feel like programming it. I haven't done a lot lately, because I've been swamped with midterms and the like, but things are settling down within the next week, and seeing all this new activity makes me excited. =)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

taekwondokid42

Me too!

It makes me happy to see competition rolling around.
Makes my developing strat harder...

windhound

harder?
I'd say it would be easier
more people, more landsources, better runs

yay wind
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

harder, more people means more chances we get skilled people. It's like why the inner city hockey teams always beat the small town ones, they get to pick from a larger base.

Gen. Volkov

Unless you are one of the games elite, like windy, and more people just means more land sources. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

maybe, but you'd be surprised when new people pop up outta nowhere and somehow have a better grasp on the game then you do, heh. I remember people were surprised when my rat-massing strat boggled them

Gen. Volkov

The likelihood of that happening is low at this point.

Point taken though PA.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

neh
I dont think I've seen somone with a truely good defence since ROME...  where everyone had an excellent defence, inpart out of nessesity.  my Nero held at 100% for I think two weeks and finished the round months later with ~50%

defence is the key here.  it doesnt matter how good people are, if they cant hold the land then they're just one more landsource while you're making a run
and with a game full of massers who generally dont care about holding their land its going to stay like that
therfor, each new player is a source of land  :-D
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

White Fang

With Rats having 2-1 O-D ratio, and Stoats having 5-3, it's pretty hard to ever have an effective defense.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: White Fang on October 26, 2007, 02:57:17 PM
With Rats having 2-1 O-D ratio, and Stoats having 5-3, it's pretty hard to ever have an effective defense.

Unless you put a ton to towers, which i have never tried but i still assume to be all but useless if you want to reamin competitive in the game.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

taekwondokid42

I've found that towers really aren't all that great.

They'll give you a few million extra defense points, but not really enough to make up for the difference in the Attack vs. Offense in Rats.

wolf bite

Wolf Bites Wall

Make a run where you get 60,000 land and build all huts. By the end of the run you will have about an 80% ratio with leaders, thus 4,800,000 leaders.  Demolish huts down to a 175% ratio leaving 27,500 huts. Build unused land into 32,500 towers.

Those towers will give defensive points of 16,250,000.  Which would take 8,125,000 rats to go over.  Then buy out mercs with the billions of cash you have been saving to add more defense.  Also towers add to Leader defense so having dropped the huts and having so much land will hold everyone back.

It can be done, it is not easy. Nor should it be easy.

Wolf Bite
edit: typo
Grand Master Wolf Bite