Dance Contest at Redcon?

Started by Kamikaze Badger, September 16, 2003, 07:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamikaze Badger

If there is going to be a dance contest:

Grand Prize!: Spend 10 minutes up at the DJ booth composing your own mix for everyone to dance along with!

First Prize!: Spend 5 minutes up at the DJ booth composing your own mix for everyone to dance along with!

Second Prize!: Recieve a free copy of the mix that you got second place with!

Third Prize!: Recieve an anti-RIAA shirt and an LED binary clock!

This is all if Randag and the other staff allow a time for everyone to get down on the dance floor. Prizes subject to change.

calria

haha!
That would be amazing... yet another reason why I'll be bummed if I can't go to '06. *laughs*

Only problem is that DJ's are expensive... the cheap ones we used to employ at my high school were still something like $500 an hour, without any light shows or anything. (I know... I used to co-sign the checks for them... it's really digusting to give someone $2,000 for 3 hours of YMCA, the Cha-cha slide, and the Bunny Hop... at least they only played the Macarena once... *gag*)

Ashyra Nightwing

Hm.. It would be fun! I can't dance, but I'd still try.

Trident

I can dance!!

Are many people even going to this RedCon?  There should be one in Seattle... B)  

The Lady Shael

Or one in Orlando. A dance contest would be fuuun...I can't even dance that well, but it's fun...I like to jump...and slide... "Slide to the right! Slide to the left! Every-body clap your hands!"
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

calria

Clap, clap, clap... Clap yo' hands!

How low can ya go?
All the way to tha flo'?
Can you bring it to the top?
Like you nevah gonna stop?

One hop!
Right foot let's stomp... Left foot let's stomp...

*cough*
Yeah... I have that on my MP3 list...
I dance really well, too... spent half of my senior year getting good at it so I would be awesome at Prom.

Hounddog

Quote from: The Lady ShaelOr one in Orlando. A dance contest would be fuuun...I can't even dance that well, but it's fun...I like to jump...and slide... "Slide to the right! Slide to the left! Every-body clap your hands!"
Orlando would be a great place to have RedCon, seeing as how there's, well, everything there.  And there's even this minigolf place I know about, called Pirate's Adventure, or something.  So fun.  Too bad Orlando is out of the way for most people.

And no, I don't care if there's a dance competition.  I ain't gonna dance.
While a flaming head may look good, it rarely has practical qualities.

Rob Zombie for president.
user posted image

Scarwake

Umm....From what I heard over at Terrouge there is a member whose gonna be our dj...So, that's solved we have a DJ
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Kamikaze Badger

Scarwake, im the Redcon DJ :D. Didnt see that one coming, did ya :lol:?

Aaanyway....

If you do win DJ mixing time, dont be suprised if your mixes sound like manure. It takes months of practise to learn to beatmatch. Thats all.

And scarwake, your in charge of technical stuff, right? If so, then would it be possible to get some speakers set up?

And also, im doing this as a freebie. You dont just learn to beatmatch and then go out and charge $300. You build a rep. Its hard to find someone whos gonna pay $400+ for someone that they dont even know. But if i can have free admission, then i would be happy ;).

EDIT: And remember, email me at \djbadger@tranceaddict.net\[/EMAIL\] if theres anything special that you want to hear at Redcon. Emails to my normal address will be deleted without mercy. ONLY SEND MUSIC REQUESTS AND OTHER QUESTIONS ON DJING AND STUFF TO \[EMAIL=djbadger@tranceaddict.net\]djbadger@tranceaddict.net\[/EMAIL\]!!!!

EDIT2: And remember, if you wanna dance with the DJ, your always welcome too ;).

Scarwake

*points* Yes, I did see that one coming, because I knew you had said something about it before over at Terrouge which is what I was pointing out in my last post....I just hadn't really heard from any of the other staff members if this has been approved or not, which I'm sure it will be...
Emperor of

In-Character Album

Kamikaze Badger

Well, i was on the "Willing to help" section on the staff list(untill it was removed), but i dont really see anyone else taking along a couple of TTs. But anyway, ive got a bunch of technical stuff i need to know. Could you bring a bunch of powerstrips? Im gonna need em ;).

Scarwake

I'll have to see...Because unfortunately my job/position wasn't all that clearly defined when I got it, nor when I asked about it...
Emperor of

In-Character Album

Peace Alliance

Instead of requesting songs... can't we just bring them on CD's as MP3's? that would be way easier then me sending you a list of 200 songs that would rock... ::disagrees::  

Kamikaze Badger

Either bring Vinyls or cds and i will play them. If you bring two copies of a vinyl, i can mix it.