Turbo awards

Started by Firetooth, February 29, 2012, 01:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

Oh, I'm sorry for taking initiative and utilizing a formerly legitimate part of the game ;)  Also, assuming you're referring  to my cities before you actually broke them? lol my last run was beyond terrible, you could have told me that you nurfed em. Infact, isn't that mandatory?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

I didn't change cities at all that round. If they broke, it wasn't due to anything I did. Rest assured that any changes made are announced.

Don't apologize, it is good that you did it - it showed me a weakness in the game to fix.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Vargarth

Yeah... I got a little frustrated and made a bad mistake. Oh well.:(

Just because of that though, I do not think I deserve the worst player.

My Awards:

Best Player - Cloud
Worst player: Hmmm.... Ryu.
Best indier: Idk... I though i did well when I ran indy.
Worst indier: Nobody
Best farmer: rev
Best casher: Cloud
Worst farmer/casher: idk
Best rising player: Uh. . .
Most annoying: Sevz / Snare
Best clan: Nobody
Worst clan: V.T.N -
Biggest surprise: VTN did so horrible. :/
Biggest disappointment: VTN never really getting going
Biggest talker: Sevz/Snare
Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!

Wolf Snare

Well, admittedly that was on the back burner in contrast to pwning with them. ;) I knew you were watching in though, so I took every city in the game to show you how powerful they were. I actually suggested a fix, but you took them away for now to, as you said, fix the core of the game first.

You're honestly telling me you didn't nurf them though? I find it hard to believe considering my max worker count post vacation was 8mil, as opposed to a steady 18 - 20m average beforehand...Not to mention this new total was actually after I gathered up 9 more cities. Either way, whether intentional or not, my cities crumbled at the base lol I made 50b my last run, it was ridiculous.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Yeah, I didn't touch them. I think the difference was in your non-city land. Even at 5% tax, 60 cities doesn't hold much more than 10m workers.

The difference was likely in your run structure - workers take a while to fill up, so if you don't allow them that time early, your whole run is unproductive.

Rakefur

LOL Ryu is always worst player, but during the golden age of WAR, you guys couldn't touch his indying capabilities.

LOL
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Wolf Snare

I wasn't even aware Ryu returned lol

Shads-- I know the logistics of how these things work, I could actually venture a guess at the formula at which they refill at. At 5% tax they come very quickly, and given I'm not an idiot I played around and gathered up to 100k extra land. I filled my workers to max, and played around further, only to learn my run was stunted by a variable that I could not determine for the life of me, and it was then I realized that my cities had surely been compromised.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

No idea, then.

By the way, there is no significant difference to worker fill rate between 5% and 20% tax. The only real difference is in the max health it allows you.

Wolf Snare

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

You can disagree all you please, but you'd be wrong ^_^

The fill rate depends on the difference between your current workers and the max you can hold. See this field in army status:

Workers per Acre: (?)    29 (max 55)

now change tax from 5% to 20% and see the difference. There is one, but it is negligible (on the order of about 4%).

Wolf Snare

I know there are caps in which the flow of incoming workers slows down, much the same as leader fill rates do. All I'm saying is, it's very beneficial to use 5% tax over 20% at a certain point in my run. Deny it all you want, I've worked it out.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Quote from: Wolf Snare on February 29, 2012, 03:42:49 PM
I know there are caps in which the flow of incoming workers slows down, much the same as leader fill rates do.
No, no there aren't. There were, in the old version like on reg, but not this one. Really. I did code the thing.  I also took the caps out of the leader fill rate. Caps are an inelegant way to do things when there is a nice analytic function that does the same thing.

QuoteAll I'm saying is, it's very beneficial to use 5% tax over 20% at a certain point in my run. Deny it all you want, I've worked it out.
And I'm telling you that this is false because I made it like that (speciically, so that indiers could realize decent resource gains without cutting into their troop production). I'm not even debating this with you, I am just telling you for your own information. I have no stake in you believing me on this.

It's very difficult to do valid comparisons between runs because of how inter-related everything is - without spending the 100-200 turns you need to level off your worker count before making any comparisons, you can't draw valid conclusions about the game. If 5% looked better than 20% for a similar land structure, it is because your worker count differed at the time.

Wolf Snare

Okay, so now you're telling me that my worker count would affect the rate at which my workers came, and so my argument is invalid-- yet you took out caps? How does that make any sense.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

the worker fill rate depends on the difference between the current number of workers you have, and the max that you CAN have. The max amount of workers you can have, for a given land distribution, does not change appreciably between 5% and 20% tax. Which means that in that tax bracket, it will take exactly the same number of turns to max out your workers no matter what the actual tax is.

The difference is that at 20% tax, you get 4x more output.

What I meant by taking out caps is that before, leaders filled at a constant rate, which changed over time. That is, between say, 60 and 70 leader/hut, you gained huts * constant number of leaders each turn. This approximates an exponential which grows toward a constant value. I did away with the cutoffs, and made it a smooth exponential function which does the same thing.

The effect of this is that the closer you are to being full, the slower you gain workers and leaders, and the slow down happens in a smooth way - there are no cutoffs where it changes abruptly.

I just verified on the test server. It takes ~200 turns to fill to within 90% of max using both 5% and 20% tax, starting from 0 workers. The difference is that in the latter case you earn 4x more resources in the meantime.

Wolf Snare

Okay, that makes more sense. Sorry lol just in the mood to argue, and I thought I had a point.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)