A new government

Started by Rakefur, December 08, 2011, 10:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakefur

Redwall: Spamlords. They did their time and it was good. They left a legacy. The Spa Federation also did it's work here, then collapsed. But it's time to move on. Younger spammers have come on the scene. The spamlords' system of government does not work anymore. Let's have a government where the people are in charge, not some central leader.

My ideal government:
QuoteTHE SPALECTIC REPUBLIC

There are 2 branches. The first contains the Chancellor, the Spa Mod, and their Ministers. The Spa Mod is in charge of quality, the Chancellor is in charge of quantity. The Spa Mod and Chancellor are voted for on the same ballet to bring some unity to this board. The ministers are of course chosen by the Chancellor and Spa Mod.

The second branch contains the High Council. The High Council is made up of 5 white males over 21 active spammers, 2 from the late RSL, the other 3 being voted in by the people. These spammers make decisions and passes laws.

However, if any law passed by the High Council pertains to quality, the Spa Mod can veto it. The same goes for quantity and the Chancellor. They also can veto anything if they agree on it. A veto can of course be overridden by a 2/3 majority of the High Council.

Elections are held every 3 months. The Spa Mod and Chancellor are voted on the same ballet (as said before), and also at this time the High Council can vote anyone out or in the Council.
Changes can be made, of course. There are, I'm sure, flaws in this. Please point them out so the can be corrected.

Making Spa great is a great task. No one spammer can do it by themselves. Let's join our forces, and together, overcome inactivity.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Briar

Inactivity will increase to activity in the coming weeks.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Rakefur

I disagree with that.

The trolls are gone. Many times.......It's lunch time. So if you'll excuse me....

Briar

More ppl will be on over winter break. Always happens. Many are focused on school atm.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Sharptooh

Quote from: Briar on December 08, 2011, 10:50:38 AM
More ppl will be on over winter break. Always happens. Many are focused on school atm.

This

Besides which a few people who contributed a lot to the spa before seem to have stopped posting as they disagree with my way of doing things.

The forums are consistently getting 100+ posts a day though, which seems like a decent number to me.

Quote from: Rakefur on December 08, 2011, 10:25:56 AM
The second branch contains the High Council. The High Council is made up of 10 white males over 21 active spammers, 5 from the late RSL, the other 5 being voted in by the 5 RSL activists. These spammers make decisions and passes laws.

Seems like an okay idea Rakefur, but a lot of power rests with these 5 late RSL members, and would it not be difficult to choose 5 late RSL members? (not exactly sure who many people were in RSL, more than 5 maybe???) and keeping those members active would also be difficult (most people come and go)

Finding 10 consistently active people, who never drop into inactivity and would be willing to devote time to this would be quite difficult.

Briar

let's see....Me, NW, Krowdon...ummm....I think those are the only ones who grace Spa occationally.

Rakefur

All right, I see what you mean.

How about this: 5 seats in the High Council, 2 of which are held by former RSL members (Briar and Ungatt are the most active, so I would suggest them). This will remove some of the power of the late RSL members, but still hold them in high regard.

Briar

wait a couple weeks to see how activity fairs.

And where the heck is Ryu?

Durza

I think he said something about moving in reg? not sure but I recal something of the sort
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Sharptooh

Quote from: Briar on December 08, 2011, 11:27:46 AM
wait a couple weeks to see how activity fairs.

And where the heck is Ryu?

Personally I think he's just avoiding the spa because of his hatred of me.

Then again he may not dislike me as much as I think . . .

Ungatt Trunn II

Just a whole bunch of pointless regulations which basically try to contain the power of the Spa Mod, when the Spa Mod is inherently meant to abuse their powers for general amusement of the CITIZENS of AMERICA!
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Sharptooh

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on December 08, 2011, 03:50:12 PM
Spa Mod is inherently meant to abuse their powers for general amusement of the CITIZENS of AMERICA!

*hand up*

What about people who don't live in Merika like me?

Briar

you are still amusing it's citizens.

Rakefur

Maybe Ryu's little wireless network hotspot disappeared. I dunno.

Anyway, I suggest you try this Sharptooth.

Briar

Doubt it. He's active on Turbo.

And, what did you do to upset him?