Diamond Jubilee

Started by Firetooth, June 05, 2012, 02:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

I'm shocked nobody made a thread about this, though I guess you 'Merikans don't really care. :P Did anybody else here, British or not, watch any of the celebrations? I watched some of the concert, but only really Lang Lang, Ed Sheeran, Madness and Paul McCartney (who was the best). I didn't really watch the boat thing, but my brother did.

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Pippin

watched most of it really but the boats got boring  :o
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Sharptooh

Quote from: Firetooth on June 05, 2012, 02:31:54 PM
I didn't really watch the boat thing, but my brother did.

Indeed I did watch the boat thing, thought it was pretty good but it was getting a bit boring towards the end though (it was pretty long, I nearly fell asleep at the end)

Watched some of the concert too, Cheryl Cole etc really aren't my thing . . . but I watched Madness and Paul McCartney with Firegoose, they were pretty good :)

Ashyra Nightwing

Didn't watch any of it or see anything related to it, and I'm in London. I am a terrible Englishman

Firetooth

I've said this many times to Sharp, but I'm pretty disappointed Brian May didn't do this again, though I did see him in the crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hIE0vKQf6w

I do have to say, Prince Charles' speech and the anthem with the flame being lit was a great moment. I would've loved to be there for McCartney's performance and Charles' speech afterwards.

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on June 05, 2012, 04:19:16 PM
Didn't watch any of it or see anything related to it, and I'm in London. I am a terrible Englishman
Lol, you're a "republican?"  Treasonous words they be. :P I'm not massively patriotic about the Jubilee, but it was a once in a life time moment.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ashyra Nightwing

Nah, just been too busy for TV really - my degree finishes tomorrow so I've been working non-stop pretty much. I do like the Queen though, I think she seems like a nice lady (though Americans seem to care waaay more about our royals than we do)

Genevieve

Not really a once in a lifetime moment, there was the silver, and the gold, and there might even be the platinum.

Firetooth

It is for me. I wasn't even alive for the Silver Jubilee, and I can't remember much of the Golden Jubilee. I doubt there'll be a platinum jubilee, for one. She's 86, so the Diamond Jubilee is probably the last one there'll be. Even if a new monarch comes in tomorrow, they'd still have to rule another 60 years, so if I do see another Diamond Jubilee, it's not going to be a for a long time.

Shores of Tripoli

What's a diamond Jubilie?

Genevieve

You seem to have already mastered the act of typing in a url, and typing stuff in a box and then clicking "post". So I would say that you probably already have the skills needed to find that our for yourself.

Shores of Tripoli

That's true, sorry to be rude.

Wolf Snare

Lucy was just -edit-with you lol

STAY OUT
Holby, being annoying
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Far as I'm concerned, the Queen is just a little old lady with a shiny hat. (That's direct from Russell Brand. LOL.)
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shores of Tripoli

Quote from: Wolf Snare on June 08, 2012, 12:50:35 AM
Lucy was just -edit-with you lol

STAY OUT
Holby, being annoying
I know, my feelings weren't hurt. None the less it was still rude to ask somebody else to type it out for me rather than just going to google and doing it myself.

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on June 08, 2012, 03:50:18 AM
Far as I'm concerned, the Queen is just a little old lady with a shiny hat. (That's direct from Russell Brand. LOL.)
Hey, she also does lots of diplomatic stuff. Though I admit she doesn't really do anything important, she's quite a busy woman, especially considering her age.