The Most Amazing Idea Ever!!!

Started by Alazar is Back, October 16, 2009, 04:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

Today a random thought came to my head...

Would it not be fun to have a turbo round where everyone was equal? Literally, I was thinking that next round could be a round where maybe you could pick your race, but all the race stats were 0's for everyone.

I believe this would highly increase competition and would be something new. At least to my knowledge something new. A round like this would get me fairly active again, the last few rounds have been soooo boring.

Feedback is always appreciated :)
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

The Lady Shael

We had a round similar to this a long time ago...we called it Race Ladder. Everyone was the same race, which changed to a more powerful race every three days with a different ability. Maybe it's time to put it up again, we've only done it once.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Peace Alliance

ya, a latter round would be good. Did it have any bugs that needed attending?

Alazar is Back

Quote from: The Lady Shael on October 16, 2009, 09:43:06 AM
We had a round similar to this a long time ago...we called it Race Ladder. Everyone was the same race, which changed to a more powerful race every three days with a different ability. Maybe it's time to put it up again, we've only done it once.

Ya I remember this, if could be simpler to just leave it be and not change races. I think that gives slight advantages to some at certain times, Im proposing more of an all out war to decide who is the best, possibly even eliminate all aid and clans for a round? I dunno just throwing ideas around.

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Peace Alliance on October 16, 2009, 09:43:50 AM
ya, a latter round would be good. Did it have any bugs that needed attending?

The only thing I didn't finish was the auto race changer, so I actually had to log on every three days and manually change the race....which was annoying. Wouldn't be hard to fix, but like Ally said, we can modify it, make it more interesting.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Shadow

I kind of like the idea of a completely even playing field.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

We'd have to get rid of the racial spells then too. No more academy, no more enrich, no more cloak, etc.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on October 18, 2009, 02:00:07 PM
We'd have to get rid of the racial spells then too. No more academy, no more enrich, no more cloak, etc.

Well ya lol. Possibly some kind of a spell that is equally beneficial to all strats?

Sevz

why not give everyone all abilities? that'd be awesome since there's no dodgy skill differences
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Genevieve

Quote from: Sevz on October 19, 2009, 01:43:54 AM
why not give everyone all abilities?

... because everyone would just play as they would if they were their chosen race.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Genevieve on October 19, 2009, 02:39:44 AM
Quote from: Sevz on October 19, 2009, 01:43:54 AM
why not give everyone all abilities?

... because everyone would just play as they would if they were their chosen race.

Agreed but at the same time...If you wanted to you could farm one run, cash the next, leader the next, indy the next so on and so on. If everyone had, and all the abilities were equal it could add another interesting facet into the gameplay.

The Lady Shael

Interesting....I'd like to see where this discussion ends up.

Gen. Volkov

Quotewhy not give everyone all abilities? that'd be awesome since there's no dodgy skill differences

That could be interesting, though it might make Goldmine overpowered, since there would be no penalty to loyalty production in Marten.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on October 19, 2009, 01:32:06 PM
That could be interesting, though it might make Goldmine overpowered, since there would be no penalty to loyalty production in Marten.

Ok then we don't include all race abilities, just some of them. Or most of them.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteOk then we don't include all race abilities, just some of them. Or most of them.

I think we'd just have to remove them entirely.