Hitlimit

Started by Alazar is Back, December 13, 2009, 02:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

I can't speak for everyone here, but is there a way we can get it raised? The land passing in turbo is redonkculous. Since its at 21 now, possibly something like 30 or 28?
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Sevz

The problem is 1 hit per hour, it makes a difference if someone steals or fails attacks against someone who can't have attacks opened on them after losing some land
the 21hits turning into 15hits becomes the painful part.
perhaps change it to 3 attacks per hour to suit the landflow without people getting overly excited about the change.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Holby

Quote from: Alazar is Back on December 13, 2009, 02:09:55 AM
I can't speak for everyone here, but is there a way we can get it raised? The land passing in turbo is redonkculous. Since its at 21 now, possibly something like 30 or 28?
At 21 now? It's always been 21.

I don't think there's a problem with max attacks, but with the faster turn rate for Turbo, unmaxing faster might be nice. Maybe every half hour instead of an hour.
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

I think the main problem is that indies can't get maxed because of how open atk op works. Which is something i would consider changing.

Windy also suggested making it so the land farm releases only so much land at a time, that way people won't get those huge land leaps and then get locked so high.

Sevz

Don't stop Make Attack opportunities  unless you intend on banning leader suicides and the people who use them.
It's unfair to have someone stealing 20bil cash from someone and leaving them on full land so no one can run turns. Picking land at 1 attack per hour ruins the landflow for nearly everyone.
2 per half an hour wouldn't hurt the game
In a similar turnrate 5atks per hour and people complain about hitlimits there
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

It might not hurt to scale attack rates to turn rates. Turbo is 5 times faster than reg, makes sense to have faster unmaxxing. That said, I don't think it should be 5 attacks per hour, but 2 or 3 might not be far off.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

3per hr would be perfect
Since i said it it wont happen

lonewolf1817

yep doubtful this will change..... i dont see to much of a problem with the maxing of attacks its part of the strat of the hole game. it would be "fun" though for turbo to up it to 2 per hour...
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Juska

Limit the landfarm? Huh?

Good idea.

Leader runs, drops land to farm. Land get locked on farm. New leader runs, drops more land to farm. Rinse and repeat.

The 21 hit limit is designed for a game with 250 max turns, with 550 the max should be 45.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Alazar is Back

Im with Juska, except maybe a few less, or slow down the land flow a bit. As in less land per attack, but not much.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Sevz

less land per attack. don't be ridiculous
i say, make drive take more land than attack
make sack and capture take slightly less land

Shadow

All of those things are already in place

Juska

Except they don't noticeably work shadow.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

Drive takes 10% more land, so it is small. Capture takes land depending on your land distribution, so for a leader player, it is a relatively small effect. Indiers will notice it, though. Sack does take less land (40% I believe) and that one is pretty noticeable.

windhound

Looking directly at the code:
Chaos takes 20% less land
Sack takes 70% less land (?!)
Capture takes land proportional to huts / total land.  So for the standard leader player using 100% huts it takes normal land.  For someone with 50% huts it takes 50% less land and so on.
Drive takes 10% more land

The reason the results may not be immediately noticeable is that the amount of land gained per attack can vary so much.  I've gone from 3k acres one hit to 25 the next then 2k on the third.  Usually it kinda evens out overall though...  usually.

But yeah.  We usually dont like to make code changes mid-game if we can help it.  Upping the attacks to 3 per hour sounds decent for turbo, we'll look at doing it for next round.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't