Previous topic - Next topic

Should reg be reset?

Yes
19 (65.5%)
No
10 (34.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Shadow

A while ago this point was raised, but there was still stuff going on at the time (Snare and Sevs still had a lock on the game and the opposition was just starting to gear up, hence the objections). Now that things have equilibrated, resetting might be a good option for taking the crazy land out of the game and starting on a more even footing with the player based that we have now.

I'll let the poll run for a while, so if this does happen it will probably be windy and shael doing it while I am away, but I think it's probably a good idea.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Typhon

will it be the same code or 3.0 if we do reset?

Shadow

not unless you jerks want it to be ^_^

Typhon

good. yes if it stays the way it is, no if it goes to 3.0 :p

Brecu Vano

taekwondokid42

I'd like to see some discussion from the people voting yes. I don't see any reason to reset reg. I'm not playing either but to me land is a relative resource and having mountains of it being evenly distributed is no different than having almost none that's evenly distributed. Is the reg server unbalanced?

[also can someone un-disable my reg account? It auto-banned me]

Pippin

I don't see any reason for a reset myself, and if the only reason for the reset is the sudden surge of land then the fix should have probably be thought through a bit more.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Firetooth

I'm not actually especially bothered anyway (though I voted yes originally) as I don't think the land is as much of an issue as anticipated. I wouldn't really like reg to go 3.0, in which case a reset wouldn't actually serve much purpose. There isn't a lock that's been going on too long or anything particular to require a reset, though I guess the land may be spread a bit more evenly amongst the newbs if we reset? That said, only one player out of protection is on under 10,000 acres. It'll also suck for anybody in vacation.

So I'd actually lean more towards it doesn't need resetting.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Pippin

I wonder if this has anything to do with agency coming back!

Joking bud, more activity could lead to something a bit more exciting going on than a complete restart.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Firetooth

Quote from: Pippin on May 23, 2013, 12:56:43 PM
I wonder if this has anything to do with agency coming back!

Joking bud, more activity could lead to something a bit more exciting going on than a complete restart.
I'm sure you guys won't disagree, with Ryu in vaca on 6bil net and Snare with 409bil marketed food?  :)

But yeah, I also think a reset of reg is a pretty big thing. Some of the players there don't play turbo, and aren't used to resets. It would ofc be good if activity increased as well, though that is easier said then done.

edit: Though if a reset is done, could the market be changed to work more like in 3.0? As in, not for storing net? That probably appears self-serving because of Snare's marketed net lol.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

taekwondokid42

I think the low activity comes from the fact that most of us prefer turbo (at least from what I've seen), and from the fact that we're a small community in the first place. I don't think a reset would fix any of that.

Shadow

shall I reset the poll? ^_^

taekwondokid42

Reset 'Reset reg?'!