lolBots -- The random account take over explained

Started by windhound, July 25, 2012, 08:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

Soo...  I forgot about my bot script on the Turbo reset.
Numbers 6, 7, 8, and 9 were bots last time -- they weren't running quite right, so most people probably didn't notice.
Thus, numbers 6, 7, 8, and 9 this round were still considered bots this round
The bots are programmed to only run if they have full turns, thus the reason they didn't always go.

Sorry guys, won't happen again.
Cheers.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

The important moral here is that Volkov is in fact a robot
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

Gah. That does explain why my reg account was never messed with. Windy... I just don't even know what to say. Your script screwed me over 3 days before the reset. I have very little food and all the cash I had been saving up has been stolen. Not to mention the fact that I didn't have any weasels to aid back to Shadow is probably the reason he died.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Is there any explanation for why sevz deleted his report on this before? Him and his teams have abused bugs like this before. Sevz is number 7, so it affected him for sure.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Probably just trying to be as unhelpful as possible.

Firetooth

Shouldn't impeding the fix of a bug have some sort of punishment?
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

I'm speculating here ^_^

If he abused a bug and didn't report it, sure, but in this case a bug abused him, and it wasn't clear until recently that it was a server bug rather than someone messing with us. So there's nothing to punish.

Sevz

Don't be a fool Firetooth. I reported it straight away to Windhound and pretty sure Shadow knows this he's just manipulating the situation to make me look bad.

Shadow you are a true dirtbag and I think you should be demoted or banned from this website. Why even say i'm being deliberately unhelpful? I got a long list of things on you. Your a cheating maggot and you ruined redwall on purpose like a sore loser.

Fair enough if I make a suggestion on game dynamics you don't like me so you do the opposite but there comes a time when you should feel guilty that you are in charge of the code and look at it.
You should of left Turbo how it was and made a 3rd server. At least the players in turbo would still be here and active on reg. You take over with your junk server that no one likes or is any good at taking pvp competition to it's new low.

Hope you enjoyed sacking me when I was passive. Great how you can rig the game and still be the same old weak jerk.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Sevz

If i'm not helpful enough it's cos I refuse to deal with the likes of you. You are toxic puss. A sneaky unethical dog with no respect for what is supposed to be a fair competition.

Do you ask me for help? No. If I help do you accept it? No. Do you want help? No.

All you want to do is to make this game real easy for yourself to win. I see your plan, we all do except the ones who blindly trust your endless lies.
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Firetooth

The reason people are inactive is because you've made the transition to a new set of code difficult by being your usual self and taking advantage of the situation. Nobody else had the time to sit down and learn the new code, but I guess that's how you like to play, only when you have an unfair advantage. People got tired of your team dominating, and all of your forum drama and accusations, would be my guess. You forget RWL is a site for young teens.

Shadow

I asked you for help plenty, Sevs. Remember when I invited you to beta test and you didn't make a single post about it? That's when I stopped asking, because it was clear you weren't interested.

If that's changed, by all means help out, but it's your move. As for not accepting help: I need specific suggestions with a rationale behind them, eg, "X should be changed to Y because Z". If you do that, then we can talk it through from there.

Sevz

Wasted too much of my time trying to explain things that you can't comprehend. Don't blame me for your no one want's to spend 4 hours convincing someone to make a 10second change. Maybe a once off but not when there's 1000things needing small fixes and the person behind the control panel is on a corrupt power trip.

You should increase sack. Make it so the attacker takes 100% of their resources first shot

Shadow

If you don't want to help that's your prerogative, but you forfeit the right to complain about how things go.

You know the rules about swearing on forums, if I have to edit your posts again you know what happens.

Durza

Just as a question, Sevz why should sack take 100% of resources?

As I recall there was a point when, for one round, there was a more powerful version of sack...Peopl felt it was too over powered.  With this in mind again I ask why.
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Shadow