Ecce tuus dominus!

Started by Drakus, October 29, 2012, 10:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI scored an 800 on the SAT reading. I read a lot. I also took Latin for two years. We report, you decide.

SAT... reading? Do you mean the English section, or have that changed it since I took it? What was the max score for your SAT, with all sections?

Quote@Volk - it's supposed to help because of the vocabulary similarities; you'll run into Latin words for which you haven't seen the English words, or remember the definitions of the English words because you remember what the Latin means. But I'd agree, just reading a lot, especially older fiction and various scholarly type works with bigger vocabulary, can probably be just as useful.

Eh, only about a third of English is Latin. Be a lot more useful with French, Spanish, etc.

Also, yes, come back to us.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Drakus

Okay...I threatened you all in latin, and now you're talking about SATs.

>:D
meow

Gen. Volkov

Which shows how seriously we take threats in Latin.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on November 10, 2012, 06:44:19 PM

Er wait, that's still not right.

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on November 10, 2012, 06:44:19 PM

There we go.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Drakus

Latin's cool.

I learned some more yesterday, and had the best Halloween today.

I epicly trolled the worllllldddd!
meow

Kilkenne

To aid in your SAT preparation, I will inform you now that your use of the word "epic" is wrong. The internet (shocking, I know) uses this word incorrectly or at least in horrible context. Generally when one has to wander to the 4th or 5th definition of a word, it probably shouldn't be used in that way.

Drakus

i no its rong but i willn't try to be a grammar freak on a gaming forum.
meow