Grain value

Started by Ashaman, September 01, 2004, 10:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashaman

Ok, I know I'm new here, but I'm not new to the game of promisance.  I've seen a lot of servers have lowered grain value a whole lot so storing grains is not worth while any more.  Some even have upkeeps on grain.  But here, I see that grains still worth a lot of value and most people here are just grain storing.  Is there going to be any changes to grain values at this server any time soon?  It's pretty weak to call this a fighting game when everyone networth is just full of grains.  If this doesn't change, maybe the server should be called a 'Farmer Promisance' or something.
Yes, I notice there is a type of attack to capture grains/money.  But what good can that do when most of their grains are safely tucked away in PM?
Well, just my 2 cents on the subject and I'm open for debate as well :)
Thanks.

windhound

*pokes*
*hugs food*
mine!!
no lower value =P
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Wolf Snare

*grin*

I really don't think this is going to be worth while. You will never win, too many people support /food/. We do call it /food/ over in this part of town... I don't know what all this grain talk is.. :ph34r:

But bottom line, I doubt a foreigner is going to be able to convice all of RWL and it's admins to change the game to suit your needs.  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ashaman

No, it's not for my needs.  I could careless what's going on here since I have to battle other people at other servers.  I just want to show you my point of view and what I've seen at other servers.  For example, at Valhall server a while ago, grains was worth the same as here.  Everyone and their mother was into farming.  At the end of set, everyone has billions and billions of grains as their networth and no troops!  I mean how fun and exciting is that kinda game to you?  So upon seeing such an obvious abuse of grains, admins changed grains value to 1/10th next set.  It is still worth something but not as much as before.  However, at QMT, we even made grain values worth like nothing.  Grains also require upkeeps and you cant store anything on PM over 60 hours.  Even mages are nerfed to give indy players a chance.  Heck, at a fast rate high turn server like this, no indy will ever be able to get a high net without grain as their networth.  So yeah, mages MUF was reduced to 1/4 regular land grab, and it's now very hard to generate mages up to 70% of huts (mage towers).  The server is now a lot more interesting and people battle to the end with troops, not grains.
But hey, if you guys like to stock grains all day, then it's your choice.  I'll just have to play that game with you then :)

Wolf Snare

I don't do grain.. I use corsair and pressgang. But I see your point.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ashaman

Woop, one person agrees with me!  

Wolf Snare

*laughs*

I said I see your point.. although they /might/ devalue food for a round, there is no way it will be greatly decreased permanantly... Nothing like the sites you gave as examples.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

RazorClaw

I 'member when each food was worth six net/cash, hehe... Even I could get 1 bil with no leaders back then...

Juska

Kill the farmers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kill the farmers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Food hording is stupid.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

RazorClaw

I keep only as much food as is absolutely necessary to support me in case of being attacked and losing foragers. i.e. usually at least 75,000,000, hehe. *gives windy fishies* w00t! 2K posts of insaneness!

Wolf Snare

Quote from: RazorClawI keep only as much food as is absolutely necessary to support me in case of being attacked and losing foragers. i.e. usually at least 75,000,000, hehe. *gives windy fishies* w00t! 2K posts of insaneness!
*cheers* Yeah!
:huh: A few days ago you were at arround 1800. heh

------

*smacks juska*
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ashaman

I find the number 75m grains is hard to believe.  When attacking you the other day, I was getting 3-4m grains per sack attack.  I must have gotten a whole lot of grains from sacking you.  That means you had way lot more than 75m.  I think more like 750m.  Windy on the other hand, had a whole lot more and my army was really thankful for her grains donation :)

RazorClaw

Um, you haven't been sacking me... In fact, you haven't broken me, ever...  :blink:  

Ashaman

Oh, I thought you were Ill (#24) are you not?  If not, then it's mistaken identity :)

RazorClaw

No, me is #220, the annoying, landfat one.