Names (This title sucks)

Started by Death, February 13, 2008, 09:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

The results for the round are recorded on the 28th, and that becomes the official record of the round. Sometimes the reset happens later, but only your stats on the 28th are the ones that count.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Death

That's odd. Thanks yet again though.

Shadow

Nah, it's just the all our admins lead busy lives and can't always be around to hit the reset button. As a way around the uncertainty, stats on the 28th are used as an arbitrary judgement of the results.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Death

Ohhh. My bad, we have a script that does that automatically and a clock that counts down to that time at Valhall.

Yeah, we're lazy. But it's still the most reliable way. lol

Peace Alliance

A print out of the top 10 and other stats. And then the reset.

This month is a 2 month turbo though, so it'll reset on the 28th of march.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteFor someone new to Prom, sure. But I have never come across a game that takes any long-time player more than 2 weeks to get used to.

Well, it took Death Eater more than two weeks to really figure out RWL. Though he did end up top five after a few weeks though. Forget who his buddy was, but he got into the top ten as well. I invited them over to be part of a clan of mine.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Death

This is getting so far off topic, but I like "debating" Prom stuff and nobody ever does it with me anymore.

From what I have seen, versatility depends on two things. The player and the games they mainly play. If a player is good they can figure things out quickly, and some games are surprisingly neutral so there wouldn't be much to get used to. Death Eater is a QMTer, and QMT is the most basic Promisance there is so he has a good understanding of the basics.. well a great understanding, so all he has to figure out are extra things.

I'm not going to say I'm good at Prom, but I started playing on several at one time and I have never had a problem getting used to more. Even the QM to EZClan transition only took me one week, and EZClan based games are completely different than anything QM based that exists today.

Then again, I might take months to get used to RWL, time will tell.

Gen. Volkov

*Nod* Yeah, QMT is a good jumping off point for all the other proms. I started out here, went to QMT when I met Death Eater, got good there, and came back here a different player entirely. Not sure how much playing with Death Eater as a member of Bl()()d helped me, but I know that at QMT I went from an average player with a high opinion of himself, to a player who could actually back up his claims. I've been knocking around proms so long at this point, that there are very few that I can't get used to and do well at fairly quickly. Though I think if I were new to RWL, it would still take me awhile. The special spells of the races take a bit to learn how to maximize their effectiveness.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES